Crazy or Truth?

mikkisparx

1 µW
Hi everybody,
I have been tinkering a while now with ebikes and was looking up addon motors for the bike while stumbeling on this on Youtube.
He claims he has overunity on his ebike using two motors extra to generate MORE electricity than using.
Can anyone with more knowledge of thermodynamics and electricity explain to me how this is possible if it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6c8UvmKe8

Cheers Guys ..Keep tinkering
Mikkisparx

Punx0r said:
Simple: he is either an idiot or a liar ;)
He could very well be both.

Being an engineer and seeing over unity videos is like being a magician and seeing some total hack performing lame tricks, and still fool his audience. It's obnoxious, depressing, and yet somewhat entertaining. The term schadenfreude comes to mind.

It doesn't work that way, and it can't work that way. Simple 5th grade science totally disproves it, but it seems most people slept through 5th grade science. The idea is as imposable as throwing your cat in a blender, and pouring out a delicious raspberry sorbet.*

* Don't try this at home. You'll annoy the cat.

The three red digital multi meters (DMMs) are common $5 units from Harbor freight. They are clearly set to read 0-200V range.

The hub motor is drawing 54V, and his "proof" is that two bulges under covers are generators each producing 180V. First of all, two DMMS can read from a single source, but I accept that he has two generators under the cover that are driven by a friction roller off of the rear tire. I believe he actually has two generators because this is a scam prototype to show to "investors".

Volts alone are not watts, so let's break this down. If the two small generators are not charging a battery or powering a motor, then they are NOT causing any drag. If you hook up the two generators to a low battery, the driving hubmotors amp-draw will go up since it's now driving more of a load. If the 48V motor was drawing 20A during cruise mode, it would likely draw more when pushing the bike and also charging a battery through the two generators...at the same time. As a guess, let's say 30A? 48V X 30A = 1440 watts.

How many amps will the two small generators produce at 180V? Since these are basic electrical caculations, he is leaving that information out on purpose.

The great thing about speculation like this is...it is very affordable and easy to copy and prove to yourself if it is true or not. And because it is easy to do...it has been done before.

Back