vacuum heavy magnetic ring flywheel/ inertial battery idea

horizon9

1 mW
a large heavy ring of mass or magnets levitating on a ring magnet, in a vacuum tube. propelled by people via sound, and focused sun light, and static electricity, and magnetic flux, and other renewable sources, to 600,000+ mph. i saw a video on dome coils that induces 2 times the voltage at 1/3 the drag of a pancake coil. so maybe those could be used and the thing could spin all through out the night when people are sleeping and cant spin it, or the sun isn't out for pv energy to spin it.

and i saw a video of light propulsion with a high spectrum colour(white, purple, sun). i also just read about human voice or sound being used by a piezoelectric generator to make voltage. or you could use batteries charged by the ring via people or by other renewable means. i think we could employ animals for short periods of time if they want to. i am really curious of the amount of energy production and the cost of the materials and to build it.

since its also a battery, we want it to keep spinning so we would only want as many coils slowing it down as we need and in a symmetrical fashion.

i wonder what complete system has the lowest embodied energy to energy production and luxury ratio that can be generated by people power. i wonder what the embodied energy that is required to sustain the amount of humans it would take to do the same work as if we built various technology to generate energy. food can grow relatively effortlessly, and i heard the body is really efficient at converting and using energy. but it would be curious to compare to technology and machines, especially because we have to sleep and recover and machines can go 24/7.

the moving masses should be singular and not next to a different atom in a strong or weak nuclear force or what ever. and i don't think the the moving mass(s) should be hollow anywhere unless its diameter is in some resonate valency or resonate lattice or something, because the variation in speed of the atoms bonded will pull on itself slowing its max speed and creating a wobbly inertia or not, idk. maybe a prism ring magnet with a point pointing outward. maybe it could all be iron but only certain parts would be magnetic, that way it would all be one atom and you wouldn't need to make so much magnets.

pure neodymium is almost 3 times denser than iron which would be 3 times more awesome to use (faster, heavier, stronger). there could be smaller rings within them for smaller voltage production. maybe a centre ring magnet could be driven to pull the rest of the ring magnets to keep spinning, perhaps that way is the best way to pull the atoms in the same direction they are travelling without being inside the ring and perhaps is a very energy efficient way of spinning this. maybe the centre ring or sphere could be spun in a disk rodin coil or from magnets being spun in disc rodin coils above and below, a magnetic shaft as it were. which could maybe be powered by people or an earth battery or some ambient passive potential with low embodied energy for its creation, maintenance, recycling, and of a high recycling percent. maybe these are, emf, ionic, static, water stream, wind, solar. this whole thing could be underground as well.

i realised that all the metal that would slow it down by being in its magnetic field would help to be removed, other than the metal needed to propel it. including the metal naturally in the ground.

I have an old Popular Science magazine from the 50's, showing a city bus with a big flywheel in it, spun up by over head lines, but it go take short route away from the lines also. Running it in a vacuum and super high speeds, it could store a lot of energy.

The Henry Ford Museum in Greenfield Village has several small animal treadmills, used to mill grain and other purposes, through a system of gearing. You'd tie your goat up, or a small child, (back before child protective services...)and get him walking up the inclined plane, and start grinding! It occurred to me at the time, that this would be yet another way to produce electricity, with the proper generator and gearing.

Flywheel energy storage systems are in constant development and use by various bodies..
From Wiki..
....in 2013 Volvo announced a flywheel system fitted to the rear axle of its S60 sedan. Braking action spins the flywheel at up to 60,000 rpm and stops the front-mounted engine. Flywheel energy is applied via a special transmission to partially or completely power the vehicle. The 20-centimetre (7.9 in), 6-kilogram (13 lb) carbon fiber flywheel spins in a vacuum to eliminate friction. When partnered with a four-cylinder engine, it offers up to a 25 percent reduction in fuel consumption versus a comparably performing turbo six-cylinder, providing an 80 hp boost and allowing it to reach 100 kilometres per hour (62 mph) in 5.5 seconds. The company did not announce specific plans to include the technology in its product line.[23]

In July 2014 GKN acquired Williams Hybrid Power (WHP) division and intends to supply 500 carbon fiber Gyrodrive electric flywheel systems to urban bus operators over the next two years[24] As the former developer name implies, these were originally designed for Formula one motor racing applications. In September 2014, Oxford Bus Company announced that it is introducing 14 Gyrodrive hybrid buses by Alexander Dennis on its Brookes Bus operation.[25][26]

600,000 mph is 4 times faster than the fastest human made object ever. (Helios 2, 157,078 mph) Any wheel you build small enough to fit in a building would have so much angular stress on it, it would fly apart long before it got close to that speed. 600,000 mph is 0.1C, a significant fraction of the speed of light. Physics would be doing some fun things to mass, space, and time on the wheel.

Another issue is the spinning ring will have a huge amount of gyroscopic action so would be hard to keep happy on a moving vehicle. For a stationary device, even the earth's rotation might cause it problems.

Back