4p4s 18650 battery pack

mike3367

1 µW
Battery universe says (Turn off the device or disconnect the load on charge to allow the current to drop unhindered during saturation. A parasitic load confuses the charger) does this mean any thing when you are using a solar charge controller to charge a 18650 4p4s battery pack? or can i just use it while it charging on solar?

not sure but I would say that it is mostly only applies to the normal CC/CV chargers. even a small load on the battery would not allow the CV phase to start so the charger would keep powering the device till it is turned off- maybe days/weeks whatever the device is.
you will have to check the specs on your solar charger to figure it out, but I would think it would be OK because you are only ever going to get a defined time for solar charging(daylight). at the end of daylight the charger will stop, preventing an ongoing charging situation. Im assuming that you have either a dedicated lithium ion solar charger or a BMS in the battery that will protect it from overcharging/discharging etc
don't take this as absolute truth though, maybe do a bit more research cause nothing is simple...

Back