What would I need from a solar setup to charge a 48v battery

mcristiani

10 W
I am new to solar. I was wondering what I would need to charge a 48v li-ion battery using solar.

My idea was to be able to get one or more - connecting only one at a time - 48v batteries that I use for my ebike charged up via solar.

Thanks.

In case you don't get other responses:

There's quite a bit of info in the various solar charge threads here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=solar+charg*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
if it helps. It's a lot of reading, though. :(

The second thread in the list is probably a good first start though.

I only clicked the link, but already saw thread titles matching what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Arduino relays are a thing that exist and "analog input" is just voltage 1 to 5.
Edit... maybe not the one in this picture, I don't see an analog input port. Velleman VMA406/Adafruit trinket.

Therefore all you need to do is run cell #1 on your lipo balance lead to the analog input port. You will have to connect your Arduino to your computer and program it it to "activate relay" at the right voltage (for me this is about 4.15 volts).

You will connect your solar panel to the "NO port" (normally open) and when the relay triggers it will cut power from your solar panel to your bike.

file.php

file.php

Back