Red Bull and other "Energy" Drinks

Anything related to food or drink, especially beer
markz   100 GW

100 GW

Red Bull and other "Energy" Drinks

Post by markz » Dec 04 2015 3:34pm

I rarely ever drink this stuff. On the rare occasion I will down a small can of Red Bull for the "kick" it gives. But only if its before noon, preferably before 11am. Drinking that crap with booze is deadly, it says right on the Red Bell can, "Do not mix with Alcohol" yet bars sell this stuff. However, they do not mix it, you have to. Legal reasons most likely.

made_in_the_alps_legacy   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Red Bull and other "Energy" Drinks

Post by made_in_the_alps_legacy » Dec 05 2015 4:07am

Well... in switzerland, if u ask for a mix with vodka, they will serve it... you can get redbull in up to 0.5l cans, which is quite a load for a "kick"
Paradoxally, france did not accept the cafein rate of the original recipe, i think the red bull sold in france is lighter

ohzee   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ohzee » Dec 05 2015 4:13am

I may have had a few red bull and stoli's in Vail tho that was back in 2008.

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Dec 05 2015 5:04am

There was an alcohol/energy drink mix on the market just a few years ago. People were dropping dead and it was pulled from the market. Red Bull probably didn't add the warning until then.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

Lurkin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Lurkin » Dec 06 2015 5:07am

Jägerbomb!!!!

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Dec 06 2015 11:49am

I used to drink a white or yellow Monster now and then, but switched to the smaller energy shots that fit in a shirt pocket; too much fluid to carry around.
Since then I've curtailed their use, mostly quit the morning coffee, and carry energy bars in my pocket instead. You need to check the label to avoid the least healthy ingredients if possible, some are really just high-priced candy bars or cookies. One of the best-rated ones I like is Pure Organic's Ancient Grains. I got a couple of boxes on clearence at Sam's for $4.81. They don't have too much sugar, are full of seeds (including hemp which might cause a failed drug test :lol: ), are vegan, and don't easily melt in your shirt pocket. Might pick up a box of one of the Atkins bars when on sale also. Low glycemic is good, sounds like it would keep my doctor happy.
Yesterday I gave blood at the Red Cross (21 gallon pin-yay!) and tried an Herbalife bar. They had a bowl full of them with the snacks at the recovery area, must have been donated. Sounds healthy right? Not too lemony as I thought it would taste, but with 11 grams of sugar puts it leaning towards the high side on the scale. Felt pretty good afterward, then crashed later when the high wore off. :|
Too much caffeine makes me feel amped out and jittery, elevates my blood pressure and resting heart rate, makes me have to pee a lot. Additionally I get the feeling that I've had an overdose in my stomach when it gets tense and starts doing flip-flops. It also makes me jumpy and irritable, especially around traffic and when frustrated by people around me.
Well, that's my 20 cents worth. :roll:
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

r3volved   100 kW

100 kW

Post by r3volved » Dec 06 2015 12:19pm

I've always found it hilarious that every can size says the same - to limit to 'one can' per day.

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Dec 06 2015 4:49pm

I remember Jolt Cola, was like x2 or x3 the caffeine, I never see them anywhere anymore for the longest time. They must have went out of business or swallowed up by another company, or even re-branded.

nutnspecial   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Dec 06 2015 5:12pm

if old CO-CAINE (eric clapton voice from that song) wasnt in most societies' pleasant little 'criminal' category we could make our own drinks from whatever and a pinch of that refined coca plant :)

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Dec 06 2015 7:33pm

Mountain Dew has lots of caffeine, and the diet version tastes ok. I usually shy away from carbonated stuff anyway. :wink:
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains

AussieRider   100 W

100 W

Post by AussieRider » Jan 09 2016 7:05am

I'm a regular coffee drinker. A few days ago my son gave me a small cup of Coca leaf tea. Tasted weird but man I got a lot done that day.
Evolving E-bike
Retro style mid drive beach cruiser
Mid drive chopper
EVT 168 scooter

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Apr 21 2016 10:51am

I've lately developed the nasty habit of chewing roasted coffee beans for energy at work. Each bean supposedly contains approximately 12mg of caffeine, so around eight beans equals a cup of coffee. I'm saving money in kitchen efficiency and conserving water by not brewing the stuff, which also cuts down on filter and grounds going into landfill waste. :mrgreen: Also saves on trips to the urinal which helps this old guy a lot. (Look how this addict justifies his behavior) :twisted:
I've also cut out the middleman: Mr. Coffee machine. There's no way I know of to brew a cup of coffee from only 8 beans. So far no jitters or the annoying amped out feeling that brewed coffee gives to the pit of one's stomach. There's nothing wrong with me..with me...with me... Don't think I'll go so far as to powder and snort the stuff, that's a job for Folgers® Crystals. :lol:
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Apr 21 2016 1:10pm

Coffee is more like 30-50mg, I take OTC pills now and they are rated at 100mg. They work great. Get the buzz, with no sugar.

1KW   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1KW » Apr 30 2016 9:42pm

The fingers wrote:I've lately developed the nasty habit of chewing roasted coffee beans for energy at work. Each bean supposedly contains approximately 12mg of caffeine, so around eight beans equals a cup of coffee. I'm saving money in kitchen efficiency and conserving water by not brewing the stuff, which also cuts down on filter and grounds going into landfill waste. :mrgreen: Also saves on trips to the urinal which helps this old guy a lot. (Look how this addict justifies his behavior) :twisted:
I've also cut out the middleman: Mr. Coffee machine. There's no way I know of to brew a cup of coffee from only 8 beans. So far no jitters or the annoying amped out feeling that brewed coffee gives to the pit of one's stomach. There's nothing wrong with me..with me...with me... Don't think I'll go so far as to powder and snort the stuff, that's a job for Folgers® Crystals. :lol:
Lol does this really work? I drink a cup of coffee every 2-3 hours... Helped me lose 50 lbs in 5 months.

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Apr 30 2016 10:23pm

The only side effects so far are drooling while chewing when talking to people and some of staining my teeth. :lol:
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains