Problems with Lunacycle - GOT DENTED RIM

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Problems with Lunacycle - GOT DENTED RIM

Postby thunderstorm80 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi,
I've had a bad shopping experience with Lunacycle, which was bad enough that I felt obligated to share it here.
9 days ago I purchased from them an 82mm rim with 36holes for my fat bike build.
I was told it can take up to a week to process international payments due to late fraud warnings. It seemed strange, but I accepted it.
After one week I checked what's going on and I was told that probably they ran out of the rim I ordered. This is where I got angry, and asked how can they let a customer pay for a non-stock item AND wait a whole week to find that out. I demanded my order to shipped out on the day I wrote it or a refund.
After 1-2hours, I got an official message that my order status is "shipped" and I even got a USPS shipping number.
Going to the USPS link after 1 day revealed it's a "pre ship" status: According to USPS the shop just created the number, but didn't provide USPS with the item itself yet.
After one more day I asked again what's going on, and got a message that my wheel building is pending (I have paid for a rim, not a full wheel) and may take a few more days. (just now I received it)
This is where I got completely through with it and demanded a full refund, and also have decided to warn you all from this shop.
I wouldn't write this if this was just an ongoing conversation with one sales representive: I've had been replied by different persons on the email every time. (At least that's what the mail says).
Last edited by thunderstorm80 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 6 times in total. View post history.
thunderstorm80
100 W
100 W

Re: -BEWARE- : Problems with Lunacycle (electricbike.com)

Postby 999zip999 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Welcome to the new ebay style world . This is how the world turns 2017. It's a gamble so roll the dice . Oh heartbreak from ordering on line.
Last edited by 999zip999 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
999zip999
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Problems with Lunacycle (electricbike.com)

Postby BeachRider2016 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:58 am

Ive ordered small stuff from them w/o issues, but as with any business there are happy and unhappy customers. You better get on YELPS and complaint.
My Ebike with chinese frame: viewtopic.php?t=83275
BeachRider2016
100 W
100 W

Postby thunderstorm80 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:53 am

Updated info about the incident:
Lunacycle now told me that they had water-pipeline problems so they were shut down, but yesterday (Friday) my rim was supposed to be shipped as they said the problem was fixed and they promised it will be shipped. Therefore, I told them to just do it instead of asking for a refund as 80mm (and 100mm) 36h rim is no longer findable on planet Earth...

Checking later, and today too, it's still in "Preship" status on USPS so they didn't do anything.
I also asked for a speedier shipment on their tab since this delay is not my fault but they have refused: They only agreed to say they are sorry, and still, nothing has been shipped.

What can I do?
They also said refund is no longer possible as it's already wrapped up and ready to go (for the last week...), so when I get the package I can just refuse it and they will fully refund me.
Am I eligible to some compensation according to the US law in case of such late delivery plus the time wasted due to their misinformation? (I could have started ordering spokes for 36->32h lacing but I need to know what's going on this them, but no clear answer...)

Can someone with experience regarding Lunacycle can comment on this, please?
Last edited by thunderstorm80 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
thunderstorm80
100 W
100 W

Postby BeachRider2016 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:03 pm

man that sounds really horrible from luna cycle. I hope you get things worked out.
My Ebike with chinese frame: viewtopic.php?t=83275
BeachRider2016
100 W
100 W

Postby thunderstorm80 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:46 am

Hi,
I wanted to update that eventually everything was solved right and I even got a compensation from Lunacycles, UNTIL I FOUND I GOT A DENTED RIM. Read the thread below.... :evil:
They have sent me an extra rim on quicker delivery, free of charge, and so I have received both this week.

They were very sorry for the big delay and the misunderstandings, including the delay which was not their fault - and it was nice to receive an extra rim as compensation, until I found one of them was seriously dented.... :evil:
Last edited by thunderstorm80 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
thunderstorm80
100 W
100 W

Re: Problems with Lunacycle - SOLVED AND GOT COMPENSATION!

Postby nicobie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Good for Luna.

May your tote always stay tight and your edge eversharp :wink:

my eTownie build thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23701
nicobie
10 MW
10 MW

Re: Problems with Lunacycle

Postby thunderstorm80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Grrrrr.... I thought everything was fine, but when I opened one of the rim packages I had discovered this:
IMG_20170716_192156.jpg
(164.84 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

IMG_20170716_192227.jpg
(220.21 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

It has some serious dents in it as well as falling scratches, showing this rim took a hit from multiple hits. Unfortunately I only found this while starting to true the rim on the hubmotor. I was too quick to start the lacing without inspecting it first...
This again brings me to warn you all - Don't shop at Luna!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

And regarding this rim - Can I still use it?
Does it require some sort of bending/fixing or can I just place the fat tire on it and the tire won't even show the deflection outwards?
Last edited by thunderstorm80 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
thunderstorm80
100 W
100 W

Re: Problems with Lunacycle - GOT DENTED RIM

Postby Marin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Really you went that far without noticing that?

Sure you didn't drop it and blame the seller?

Pretty sure Luna regrets having you as a customer too.

Two sides to every story.
Marin ex-rental hybrid with 48v bionx...sold
Specialized hardrock with magic pie 4-5
Lunacycle with l/r mid drive coming soon
Kona Caldera with QS 30H (maybe), and phase runner
Marin
100 W
100 W

Postby thunderstorm80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Marin wrote:Really you went that far without noticing that?

Sure you didn't drop it and blame the seller?

Pretty sure Luna regrets having you as a customer too.

Two sides to every story.

You mean I dropped it multiple times, on both sides, and at same time was stupid enough to send a picture of it laced on a hub? :mrgreen:
Believe what you want, or better - go ahead and buy those same rims and feel the same customer experience. I think this will be the best way for you to judge.

And you know what - After you wait to a product for so long (I promised to a customer I will lace a wheel for him which came very very late), you are sometimes in a hurry and forget to inspect the obvious when you mostly purchase at reputable bike shops like Jenson-Usa, Chainreaction and such...
thunderstorm80
100 W
100 W

Postby Jon NCal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Well if it is a build for your customer, it's obviously not acceptable... No customer is going to accept a wheel all banged up.
Last edited by Jon NCal on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
Jon NCal
1 kW
1 kW

Postby thunderstorm80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Jon NCal wrote:Well if it is a build for your customer, it's obviously not acceptable... No customer is going to accept a wheel all banged up.

Indeed. I just think if I can use that rim on another build for myself since I am not going to contact them again and so I prefer if that money wouldn't go to waste. (I can ship it back to them, but the cost of the shipping would be more than the rim's value, and after our email conversations I dunno if I will get my money back (for the rim AND the return shipping).
Are there any danger issues with using such rim? And can it be fixed?
thunderstorm80
100 W
100 W

Return to Vendor Relations Corner