AVOID EUNORAU on Aliexpress

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Re: AVOID EUNORAU on Aliexpress

Post by tomjasz » May 02 2019 7:46pm

jangles wrote:
May 02 2019 9:46am
If I wanted a smart azzed comment from you I'd have asked for a clown act .
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

furcifer   1 kW

1 kW

Post by furcifer » Jun 25 2019 9:21pm

So just an update on this fiasco.

Several weeks ago a saw the chargeback reappear on my credit card. I received a reply letter from the credit card company saying they were reversing the chargeback and I had 2 weeks to reply with evidence or the case would be considered resolved. They also included the vendor's response.

The vendor's response was downright slanderous, he accused me of being a malicious buyer and claimed I drowned the motor, then wanted it for free and refused to provide any video evidence.

So I prepared a 10 page report on what actually transpired. I included the BBSHD specs, the accusatory email, the refusal to help while the claim was active, the offer from Aliexpress to refund the $113US, the video I uploaded to Youtube and detailed account of the 20 customer service chats that promised a lot but went nowhere. I said at a minimum I should be refunded the $113 they promised in February, but at this point I'm not willing to pay anything. Between the hassle and lack of warranty, as well as all the work, and the outright lies I wanted all my money back.

Yesterday the charges were again taken off my credit card. :mrgreen:

Long story short, if you're going to buy on Aliexpress use your credit card. Keep a detailed record of any correspondence, take screen shots and don't just give up if you have a problem. I'm pretty sure they deliberately give you the run around. Customer service seemed aware of the fact that return shipping wasn't an option. They know full well that some things are on a one way trip. All I wanted was a controller to fix the problem myself.

tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jun 26 2019 8:58pm

I’m sorry, but anyone buying from these resellers when there are numerous USA resellers that provide support... well you get what you pay for. BTW it wouldn’t be the first time someone “drowned” a motor and tried to claim warranty service.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

furcifer   1 kW

1 kW

Post by furcifer » Jun 26 2019 11:39pm

tomjasz wrote:
Jun 26 2019 8:58pm
I’m sorry, but anyone buying from these resellers when there are numerous USA resellers that provide support... well you get what you pay for. BTW it wouldn’t be the first time someone “drowned” a motor and tried to claim warranty service.
Well I'm not in the US. Between the mark-up, the expedited shipping and the potential for duty being tacked on, it could have run a few hundred bucks more.

And BTW, what you said any vendor could say, Chinese or American. Having the buffer like Amazon or Aliexpress between you and them tends to work better in my experience. It didn't in this case.

It seem neither here nor there, the real problem is Bafang. They don't support their products and they don't seem to support vendors very well. IMO Bafang should have expedited a new controller out to me the next day, even if it were drowned. The number of shitty controllers far exceeds the number of motors that have ever been drowned in the first week of ownership (in the Winter).

But it does seem that Bafang has a better relationship with US vendors. Which is counterintuitive, I would think one of the bigger vendors on Aliexpress would. Apparently not.

tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jun 27 2019 11:33am

furcifer wrote:
Jun 26 2019 11:39pm

Well I'm not in the US. Between the mark-up, the expedited shipping and the potential for duty being tacked on, it could have run a few hundred bucks more.

And BTW, what you said any vendor could say, Chinese or American. Having the buffer like Amazon or Aliexpress between you and them tends to work better in my experience. It didn't in this case.

It seem neither here nor there, the real problem is Bafang. They don't support their products and they don't seem to support vendors very well. IMO Bafang should have expedited a new controller out to me the next day, even if it were drowned. The number of shitty controllers far exceeds the number of motors that have ever been drowned in the first week of ownership (in the Winter).

But it does seem that Bafang has a better relationship with US vendors. Which is counterintuitive, I would think one of the bigger vendors on Aliexpress would. Apparently not.
My apologies. I didn't catch your location.

Bafang sucks. They don't support resellers, much less end users. Even Luna the self-proclaimed largest reseller doesn't get the support you and I would like. Changing firmware to through an overvolt error code when using a 52V battery is their latest boondoggle. I remember only to well when a poster here trashed Luna for sending the wrong controller replacement. Bafang had changed the BBS02 to BBS02B and never said a word to ANY reseller.
Getting parts to support BBSxx users is a total nightmare. Again Bafang locks out smaller shops. Money is what talks. And yet Luna buying a container of motors has a crap selection.

I've been encouraging users to email the buggers hoping a few hundred emails would let them know we're out here. We like the product, but how about some support?

As to drowning, I suggest buyers use some black high quality RTV. Fill the gaps around the wires coming out of the motor as well as working some into the seams between motor components. Boeshield or ACF50 treatment of all connectors helps too!

furcifer   1 kW

1 kW

Post by furcifer » Jun 27 2019 7:36pm

tomjasz wrote:
Jun 27 2019 11:33am
furcifer wrote:
Jun 26 2019 11:39pm

My apologies. I didn't catch your location.

Bafang sucks. They don't support resellers, much less end users. Even Luna the self-proclaimed largest reseller doesn't get the support you and I would like. Changing firmware to through an overvolt error code when using a 52V battery is their latest boondoggle. I remember only to well when a poster here trashed Luna for sending the wrong controller replacement. Bafang had changed the BBS02 to BBS02B and never said a word to ANY reseller.
Getting parts to support BBSxx users is a total nightmare. Again Bafang locks out smaller shops. Money is what talks. And yet Luna buying a container of motors has a crap selection.

I've been encouraging users to email the buggers hoping a few hundred emails would let them know we're out here. We like the product, but how about some support?

As to drowning, I suggest buyers use some black high quality RTV. Fill the gaps around the wires coming out of the motor as well as working some into the seams between motor components. Boeshield or ACF50 treatment of all connectors helps too!
Yah, it could be the model. My impression from the Bafang website is they want to get into that "legal" <1000W market, especially the proprietary mid-drives. I have a feeling if a company can deliver a good integrated mid-drive motor that can meet standards in the NA and EU markets they stand to make a lot of money. Discrete, not too heavy, reliable and under $1000 with a battery is something I can see selling much like mopeds did back in the 70's. I know Wal-Mart carries a few of the smaller Bafang hub motors on some bikes. So that's why I get the impression they may not give a crap about the BBSHD. It's the product I want but not necessarily something Wal-Mart wants.

As for the drowning, yah. I strongly suggest anyone that buys a BBSHD take the controller off when they get it and just silicone the crap out of it. I've made a cork gasket and closed it up and I've had no problems since. If any moisture gets in I think it sits in the lowest point, seeps past the potting, and goes right to the mosfets.