I will never buy from Luna Cycle again, if I don't have to

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
gncbikesADK   1 µW

1 µW

I will never buy from Luna Cycle again, if I don't have to

Post by gncbikesADK » Feb 14 2019 4:58pm

Great group of guys to work with... until there is a problem. I ordered a set of cranks for a customer's e-bike from Luna and received them packaged in a soft bag. They were all scratched up as they had been rubbing against each other the entire way here to NY from Cali. I reached out to their customer service manager, who was little help and disinterested in fixing the issue. Tony told me that all of the Lekkie cranks are damaged, because they come from New Zealand. The first pair I bought from Luna several months ago arrived flawlessly, so this made little sense to me. I reached out to Lekkie and they gave me some other vendors to use, and warned me of Luna Cycle's abhorrent returns policy. And when I asked Luna Cycle to have the replacement set shipped in an actual box, I was told that they could not guarantee it. How can you not guarantee a box? So at that point I knew I had to cut ties with these guys.
But wait it gets better! Both Tony and Gary in customer service proceeded to tell me that I would have to wait for 3 weeks before I could get my refund. Why? The only reason I can think of is to deter people returning damaged merchandise. The cranks were conveniently on sale, too, which leads me to believe they knowingly sent me returned and/or damaged merchandise. I had to open an actual fraud case with PayPal to get my refund! And as soon as I did that, surprise surprise - My refund was processed. Shady business practices to say the least.
And the best part? Not even an apology through this entire mess. And that was all I really wanted! I was looking to establish a good business relationship, as I build custom e-bikes for our shop customers, but not with a vendor that could care less when I have a problem.
I recommend buying your Bafang parts and accessories elsewhere. I shudder to think what type of nonsense they would pull if I had to return a mid-drive.,.. Thankfully you can get ALL of the equipment elsewhere, and for the most part quite a bit cheaper than Luna Cycle. I recommend em3ev.com. They fast-tracked a set of Lekkie cranks to me in under a week and guess what? They arrived undamaged... and in an actual freaking box! Grin in Canada (ebikes.ca) also has great service and they stand behind the products they sel. And if you can't find the part you need, message me and I will help you find a reliable vendor - Don't give these guys your money!

flat tire   1 MW

1 MW

Re: I will never buy from Luna Cycle again, if I don't have to

Post by flat tire » Feb 14 2019 5:07pm

When Luna fucks up, it's not pretty. They are extremely unprofessional.

petedegan   1 mW

1 mW

Post by petedegan » Sep 11 2019 12:28am

I too have had problems with luna. I paid 250 extra for a higher amp bbshd and they sent the stock controller. Never got a refund. Nothing. Just a case number. These guys are bad. Really bad. Maybe criminal.

Wolfeman   100 W

100 W

Post by Wolfeman » Oct 18 2019 5:48pm

I haven't had anything but positive experiences with Luna, multiple orders over several years. Your post reads like a hit piece, especially given that it's the first post for that user name.
Trek 4300 w/ H3580 Crystalyte at 3600W
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=82738
Worksman Mover M2020-3CB w/DD 750W front hub
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=96873
Dyno Moto 7 BMX Cruiser w/BBS02
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 1#p1467001

brone   1 mW

1 mW

Post by brone » Oct 26 2019 6:50am

They didn't get that Audi R8 in the video on their channel by being a moral company I guess

eMark   100 mW

100 mW

Post by eMark » Nov 06 2019 9:06am

Wolfeman wrote:
Oct 18 2019 5:48pm
I haven't had anything but positive experiences with Luna, multiple orders over several years. Your post reads like a hit piece, especially given that it's the first post for that user name.
Any opinion on their advanced 36V, 48V and 60V chargers with readout (i.e. 80%, 90% or FULL charge with amperage selection).

Imagine they're made in Malaysia or China, but then what isn't. They would seem to be one of the best chargers, (if not the best) for the money ($99). Appreciate any real-life feedback experience with any one of these three chargers.

AngryBob   100 W

100 W

Post by AngryBob » Nov 06 2019 2:29pm

This is not really the correct place for the discussion, but then ....

If you want honest reviews of Luna products, you have to separate out those posters who are financially compensated for saying positive things about the company and its products. There are at least three long-time posters who have been so compensated, and almost certainly others. Unfortunately they do not announce themselves as paid spokesmen for the company.

EM3EV offers similar chargers and is a reputable vendor who stands behind his product.

eMark   100 mW

100 mW

Post by eMark » Nov 07 2019 8:47am

AngryBob wrote:
Nov 06 2019 2:29pm
This is not really the correct place for the discussion ... EM3EV offers similar chargers and is a reputable vendor who stands behind his product.
From the title of this thread and your response one could easily get the impression that Luna Cycle products are suspect and that the only positive reply on this thread may be by someone who is possibly compensated by Luna Cycle.

Having checked your EM3EV suggestion it seems that EM3EV no longer carries/sells ebike chargers ... https://em3ev.com/shop/?product_cat=ebike-chargers

Ok, so Luna advanced Chargers are also suspect (buyer beware). Hopefully, this is more in line with the purpose of this thread. Perhaps, you can suggest another ebike supplier that offers an "advanced" charger (80%, 90%, FULL with adjustable amperage) for around $100.

Bottomline: Luna advanced chargers for $99 are too good to be true.

AngryBob   100 W

100 W

Post by AngryBob » Nov 07 2019 11:32am

I did not state ALL positive responses about Luna are from paid endorsers, just a significant percentage. Then there are the posts from the Luna owner himself under a false identity.

Always remember, somebody, somewhere, is quite happy with their Yugo. It is a matter of what failure rate is acceptable.

Warranty return of merchandise is something I deal with on a professional level, frequently, for decades. If you would examine the history of these two vendors in this area, including a large number of posts related to Luna in this regard which have been unfortunately deleted en masse, you would get a picture of how very dramatically differently the two vendors mentioned in this post have conducted their business over an extended period of time.

I highly doubt EM3EV has stopped selling chargers, they were one of the first to handle the selectable type, also the Satiator, and they were available fairly recently. I would strongly suspect this is some sort of website error, as the product is fairly essential for his product line. Note - just checked, and they are listed as an option with a motor kit, including the selectable charger. I would guess the web page search result was just an error.