I will never buy from Luna Cycle again, if I don't have to

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
DogDipstick   1 kW

1 kW

Re: I will never buy from Luna Cycle again, if I don't have to

Post by DogDipstick » Jan 31 2020 11:45am

I havent been here for long, but when I first met Rons writing, it was just that: Writer. I never made the association until I realized Electricbikeforums were the real shills.

Ron is first and foremost, a good writer, from my newb standpoinnt. Suck he has any association with those Luna tricks. Fact of the matter, they call themselves a company for the DIYer and they suck at everything DIY and dont help the person who sees the dolla signs in Luna eyes when youwalkin.

Fu Luna, tho. Lol.
tomjasz wrote:
Jan 31 2020 3:43am
spinningmagnets wrote:
Jan 23 2020 12:14pm
As a moderator, I recuse myself from any conflicts involving Luna Cycle.

Before I was asked to help with moderating (*mostly nuking spam, but sometimes locking flame-threads), I wrote articles for electricbike.com

I still write, and get paid per article. When Barent was asked if he would be be willing to help as a moderator, it was with the written understanding that he could not participate in any moderation involving Kinaye/WCEC, which was his business.

He was very helpful for quite some time, but he became busy enough, that he retired from moderating. I've been trying to get more moderators, so I can withdraw, but the new moderators keep leaving.

ES owes a debt of gratitude to Amberwolf and Mark5, who both tirelessly spend hours of their life each week trying to keep the peace, and also flagging spam.

It's not unreasonable to be suspicious of my motives and agenda, but my posts are available for everyone to review. If three moderators request that I step away from all moderating duties, I am happy to comply, with no hard feelings.

I would just feel sorry for the poor bastard who will have to pick up the workload.

PS, I used to say that I was a writer for electricbike.com in my sig, and at one time also "which is owned by Luna", but...there were complaints that my sig was an advertisement.

I'm happy to put that back in my sig, if it will clear up any concerns about a hidden conflict of interest.
While I was perhaps unfairly critical on my part, you’ve done one helluva job. Thank you.
Allota Watts @ 83.1v of raw QS power takes me everywhere on my Ironhorse DW link XC... :) Powered by Chevy. :D Broke 10 horses the other day. ( BTW; ...it will hurt you... :? )... (Currently building a battery datalogger.). :roll: Playin with (24) IRFB4115s now. :wink:

2old   100 kW

100 kW

Post by 2old » Jan 31 2020 11:59am

Must have been a long walk from PA. Time for some real data instead of unsubstantiated assaults. These threads should be for individuals who have had actual problems.

DogDipstick   1 kW

1 kW

Post by DogDipstick » Jan 31 2020 12:38pm

Ive had problems, friend.
Allota Watts @ 83.1v of raw QS power takes me everywhere on my Ironhorse DW link XC... :) Powered by Chevy. :D Broke 10 horses the other day. ( BTW; ...it will hurt you... :? )... (Currently building a battery datalogger.). :roll: Playin with (24) IRFB4115s now. :wink:

Wolfeman   100 W

100 W

Post by Wolfeman » Feb 14 2020 2:24pm

My only problem with Luna Cycle right now is that too many of the things that I want to buy are out of stock.... :(
Trek 4300 w/ H3580 Crystalyte at 3600W
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82738
Worksman Mover M2020-3CB w/DD 750W front hub
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96873
Dyno Moto 7 BMX Cruiser w/BBS02
viewtopic.php?f=6&p=1467001#p1467001
GT Palomar Vintage hardtail w/BBS02
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104255

Stealth_Chopper   10 µW

10 µW

One year later...

Post by Stealth_Chopper » Feb 15 2020 6:39am

:pancake:
Last edited by Stealth_Chopper on Feb 15 2020 8:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

john61ct   1 GW

1 GW

Post by john61ct » Feb 15 2020 8:24am

st35326 wrote:Cycle Analyst chargers are readily available on Amazon and is hands down the best charger I have ever used. I use it for charging all of my bikes (6s-24s) plus my spot welder battery and have even charged my next door neighbors 12v truck lead acid battery.

If your nominal battery voltage is between 12v-100v, you can pretty much charge to any percentage you want because you program in the cuttoff voltage yourself. I skimp on a lot of stuff, but the quality things to do with controlling Li-Ion batteries is not one of them.
I never heard of a CA being used as a charger.

Are you sure?

Would be interesting, could you link to a howto on that?

Edit: not sure if that "good boy" is supposed to mean "yes that was an error CAv3 cannot charge, I meant Satiator"