I will never buy from Luna Cycle again, if I don't have to

I havent been here for long, but when I first met Rons writing, it was just that: Writer. I never made the association until I realized Electricbikeforums were the real shills.

Ron is first and foremost, a good writer, from my newb standpoinnt. Suck he has any association with those Luna tricks. Fact of the matter, they call themselves a company for the DIYer and they suck at everything DIY and dont help the person who sees the dolla signs in Luna eyes when youwalkin.

Fu Luna, tho. Lol.

tomjasz said:
spinningmagnets said:
As a moderator, I recuse myself from any conflicts involving Luna Cycle.

Before I was asked to help with moderating (*mostly nuking spam, but sometimes locking flame-threads), I wrote articles for electricbike.com

I still write, and get paid per article. When Barent was asked if he would be be willing to help as a moderator, it was with the written understanding that he could not participate in any moderation involving Kinaye/WCEC, which was his business.

He was very helpful for quite some time, but he became busy enough, that he retired from moderating. I've been trying to get more moderators, so I can withdraw, but the new moderators keep leaving.

ES owes a debt of gratitude to Amberwolf and Mark5, who both tirelessly spend hours of their life each week trying to keep the peace, and also flagging spam.

It's not unreasonable to be suspicious of my motives and agenda, but my posts are available for everyone to review. If three moderators request that I step away from all moderating duties, I am happy to comply, with no hard feelings.

I would just feel sorry for the poor bastard who will have to pick up the workload.

PS, I used to say that I was a writer for electricbike.com in my sig, and at one time also "which is owned by Luna", but...there were complaints that my sig was an advertisement.

I'm happy to put that back in my sig, if it will clear up any concerns about a hidden conflict of interest.
While I was perhaps unfairly critical on my part, you’ve done one helluva job. Thank you.

Must have been a long walk from PA. Time for some real data instead of unsubstantiated assaults. These threads should be for individuals who have had actual problems.

Ive had problems, friend.

My only problem with Luna Cycle right now is that too many of the things that I want to buy are out of stock.... :(

st35326 said:
Cycle Analyst chargers are readily available on Amazon and is hands down the best charger I have ever used. I use it for charging all of my bikes (6s-24s) plus my spot welder battery and have even charged my next door neighbors 12v truck lead acid battery.

If your nominal battery voltage is between 12v-100v, you can pretty much charge to any percentage you want because you program in the cuttoff voltage yourself. I skimp on a lot of stuff, but the quality things to do with controlling Li-Ion batteries is not one of them.
I never heard of a CA being used as a charger.

Are you sure?

Would be interesting, could you link to a howto on that?

Edit: not sure if that "good boy" is supposed to mean "yes that was an error CAv3 cannot charge, I meant Satiator"

I think it's obvious he's using a Satiator. You're at least the third person in this thread to respond to his simple error.

Back