EM3ev WARNING - abysmal customer support.

neptronix said:
cell_man:

I have censored the user's email address and full name from the above image ( we now have a rule about exposing a user's personal information without their consent ). I don't think you did this out of malice in any way.

The whole outcome of this just sucks and i hope you can find a way to prevent these sorts of things from happening in the future.
I am glad we at least heard your side of the story now.

Thanks Neptronix. Sorry, didn’t consider that details were included.

There isn’t much you can do about people abusing CC’s unfortunately. Whilst CC companies are happy and willing to blindly listen to a 1 sided story, with no proof or communication with the supplier, then people will continue to abuse it. PayPal do offer some protection, but you it’s all a bit vague and you only know after the order was placed.

This sort of thing is a fact of running such a business. Just have to take the rough with the smooth.

Previously, I thought the originator of this thread was just a difficult and unreasonable person. It appears I underestimated him. He's worse.

As I mentioned earlier, I ordered the same battery at about the same time. I am delighted with it so far and with the level of customer service. I expect it to serve well for a long time, maybe the life of the bike given reasonable care.

cell_man said:
Reading your long emails to Joseph with your huge grievances (after you have already had your money back) and seeing this continuous bashing on here frankly makes me lose the will to live.

What a terrible response, but thank you for confirming how little you care.

cell_man said:
You have been refunded,....

Wrong. I instructed my bank to initiate a charge back & you know it. Thank you for confirming that you are prepared to lie about your customer dealings publicly. I would post the emails as proof, but unlike you, I don't post private or confidential info about others on public forums.

Worst. Company. Ever.

Allright you've both said your piece.. let's not have this turn into a flame war at this point please.

so did you get a refund as well as keep an easily fixable battery+charger ?,lets face it ,it seems to me if you cant buy another charge connector and make it work you maybe should forget the whole bike idea and go by bus!!.

Jim Subzero said:
Previously, I thought the originator of this thread was just a difficult and unreasonable person. It appears I underestimated him. He's worse.

As I mentioned earlier, I ordered the same battery at about the same time. I am delighted with it so far and with the level of customer service. I expect it to serve well for a long time, maybe the life of the bike given reasonable care.

So, to update, the em3ev 14s7p battery, ordered at the same time as the original complainer, has powered my bike well over 1000 mountainous miles, paved, and gravel, and worse, sometimes much worse. It's been great. If I ride slowly without a headwind, it's good for 150 miles on a charge, which is more than I'm good for in a day's riding. The builtin battery, used now only for backup and powering the headlight and my phone, is good for another fifty miles.

To be absolutely clear. A chargeback was initiated by the buyer. We chose to immediately agree to it and not fight the matter, which is classed as a refund. We didn’t refund prior to the chargeback as nobody had contacted us for weeks prior to the chargeback, neither was any effort made to put in a PayPal claim to get anyone’s attention.

Companies have employees and those employees make mistakes occasionally or let things slip. It’s not acceptable but it happens.

Zero effort was made to return these parts, instead a continuing attack was made after they had got their money back and kept the functioning parts.

Thanks
Paul

Back