Battery Clearing House

Found a new wholesaler for used lithium. Wondering if anyone had purchased cells from Batteryclearinghouse.com

Their prices seem pretty reasonable although most descriptions state the cells are estimated at ~80% capacity.

Interesting... doesn't look like they have much yet. I'll be interested to watch this and see if it grows.

some posts that mention them
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=Batteryclearinghouse&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

A few weeks ago, I bout a 100+ SPIM08HP from them. They came in two boxes with no bubble wrap and no protective shipping measures besides the 2 boxes they came in. I literally spent hours and hours trying to straighten the terminals out (click link below to see a video and some pictures that I provided them). when I contacted them to return 10 pouches that were physically bent and their middle section got softened, they refused and said their warranty covers only below 80% capacity. I emailed back and forth with their salesperson named Dan. what a horrific business model. I got attracted to the cheap price and totally forgot about customer service, which in this case does not exist. Never buying from them again. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E7bgGbxKzkBvIHm7e5A7g1guDpsVqqsP?usp=sharing

wisetk said:
A few weeks ago, I bout a 100+ SPIM08HP from them. They came in two boxes with no bubble wrap and no protective shipping measures besides the 2 boxes they came in. I literally spent hours and hours trying to straighten the terminals out (click link below to see a video and some pictures that I provided them). when I contacted them to return 10 pouches that were physically bent and their middle section got softened, they refused and said their warranty covers only below 80% capacity. I emailed back and forth with their salesperson named Dan. what a horrific business model. I got attracted to the cheap price and totally forgot about customer service, which in this case does not exist. Never buying from them again. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E7bgGbxKzkBvIHm7e5A7g1guDpsVqqsP?usp=sharing

I'm going to buy the 70 pack of SPIM08HP when it comes back in stock. For $2/cell as long as most of the cells are still around 0.8mohm internal resistance, I'll be happy. I emailed them and the guy said he tested 10 random pouches, all were 0.8mohms. I'm just worried they might have varying capacity. How close together were the capacities of ur cell?

joshuahuang said:
wisetk said:
A few weeks ago, I bout a 100+ SPIM08HP from them. Never buying from them again. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E7bgGbxKzkBvIHm7e5A7g1guDpsVqqsP?usp=sharing

I'm going to buy the 70 pack of SPIM08HP when it comes back in stock. For $2/cell as long as most of the cells are still around 0.8mohm internal resistance, I'll be happy.

I got 24 cells of very good consistency from Tom Amerman of BHU. I have tesetd both earlier batches, not so good, and later.

none reached teh claimed 0.0008 Ohm you state,, 0.8 mOh. Maybe 8mOh.. but not 0.8mOh.

Not near 0.8mOh. That guy is wrong who said tht. No where near point eight milli ohm.... . 1000Hx dc IR method.

The old ones were 6 mOh or greater.. this newer batch all gave good capacity ( 95% or greater) and low IR ( 4mOh or less.. 0.004Ohm. )

.... never had any Battery Clearing house cells.

So long as capacity is 90+% of rated Ah, ideally 95+% then resistance should be fine too.

I would not bother with SoH lower than that, IOW no to worry too much about ESIR in your go/no-go factors.

DogDipstick said:
joshuahuang said:
wisetk said:
A few weeks ago, I bout a 100+ SPIM08HP from them. Never buying from them again. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E7bgGbxKzkBvIHm7e5A7g1guDpsVqqsP?usp=sharing

I'm going to buy the 70 pack of SPIM08HP when it comes back in stock. For $2/cell as long as most of the cells are still around 0.8mohm internal resistance, I'll be happy.

I got 24 cells of very good consistency from Tom Amerman of BHU. I have tesetd both earlier batches, not so good, and later.

none reached teh claimed 0.0008 Ohm you state,, 0.8 mOh. Maybe 8mOh.. but not 0.8mOh.

Not near 0.8mOh. That guy is wrong who said tht. No where near point eight milli ohm.... . 1000Hx dc IR method.

The old ones were 6 mOh or greater.. this newer batch all gave good capacity ( 95% or greater) and low IR ( 4mOh or less.. 0.004Ohm. )

what's BHU? These cells are rated for .008 ohms (0.8mohms). 8mohms would be considered high for these cells. What voltage did you measure the IR at? It should be measured a 3.6v or a tiny bit over, maybe 3.625v

wisetk said:

Have you measure the IR on the cell? What mohms are you getting and how close are they to each other?

joshuahuang said:
DogDipstick said:
joshuahuang said:
wisetk said:

what's BHU? These cells are rated for .008 ohms (0.8mohms). 8mohms would be considered high for these cells. What voltage did you measure the IR at? It should be measured a 3.6v or a tiny bit over, maybe 3.625v

0.008 ohms is 8 mOhms

joshuahuang said:
oops i mean .0008 ohms or 0.8 mohms.

They are not that " .0008 ohms or 0.8 mohms."

I have tested many many. From a few different batches.

They are 4mOh in good, condition, and ( higher) 8 mOh or more, in used,.

Could you show us this reference to the figure you state?

I can show you 22 cells on a single datalog.

There are some on endlless sphere I have shown.

I can measure that low, I assure you. I do build batteries where the individual cell groups all under 1mOh. I have a million datalogs.

They are not 0.0008 Ohms. Nope.

I use a 1000Hz Dc kelvin bridge ( Wheatstone bridge). PID controlled IR determination. ONly on charge at room temp of 59*. THE one accepted by 90% of the RC lipo community. Wayne Giles, MSC guy, same system. ECT. Reports accurate over hundereds of cells for me.

Here is one cell I bought from BHU. Battery Hook Up, Tom Amerman, Allentown. With holders. This was one of the worse cells. The better logs are on the computer in the shop. Datalog. 1 cycle ( 2 charges, one full and one to storage, and 1 discharge... )

This data log was created 4/18/20. THIS cell is 5 mOh. Measured.. twice..... for repeatability, reliability, and reproducibility.

Attachments

• SPIM08Zoom.PNG
    SPIM08Zoom.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,923
  • SPIM08IR.PNG
    SPIM08IR.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,923
The SPIM08HP cells are very temperature dependent and you won't see low IR unless the cells are at 30 celsius or higher. Still the lowest I've gotten is around 2 milliohms. Far from advertised but not bad for the price.
When I got a few bent cells, they sent me free replacements.

OTOH, the purple 18650s that I've gotten from them have all been 95% capacity or higher. Pretty much brand new in terms of capacity and IR.

Back