Vector Ebikes taking >2 weeks to ship - Anyone else with this experience?

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
thorlancaster328   100 W

100 W

Vector Ebikes taking >2 weeks to ship - Anyone else with this experience?

Post by thorlancaster328 » Feb 20 2021 3:13am

2 weeks ago, I ordered a typhoon frame and a motor from Vector Electric bikes. The day after payment went through, I asked them when they were planning to ship. Their response:
Of course, as soon as we received your payment, we will start packing your order and will send you tracking number.
A week later, I sent another email. No response. 4 days later, I finally sent another e-mail and got a response that Artur (the seller) was on his way back to Germany and would be shipping soon.

Quite unprofessional for a vendor to do this IMO. If they are being overwhelmed by orders (I've heard their frames are good quality and quite popular), they should hire more people to fulfill instead of leaving buyers in the dark for 2+ weeiks.
Find weakest component, upgrade it, repeat until satisfied. Rome was not built in a day.
When in doubt, get bigger MOSFETs / Batteries / Motors / Etc.

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Vector Ebikes taking >2 weeks to ship - Anyone else with this experience?

Post by neptronix » Feb 20 2021 9:53am

Everyone is dealing with parts availability issues, lockdowns, shipping issues, and other dumb crap right now.

I've had difficulty getting parts from certain parts of Canada, Australia, China.. etc.

Sellers would do well to set proper expectations.. many aren't.. :/
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500 MTB.
Monster MTB: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: Heavy duty Cannondale semi recumbent - under construction.
Blue Dream: Maxaraya FS semi recumbent and high efficiency mid-drive - under construction.

Elektrosherpa   10 W

10 W

Post by Elektrosherpa » Feb 22 2021 12:47pm

QS Motors:
Ordered and paid 3.2. (Air freight by FeEx)
Arrived 22.2.

thorlancaster328   100 W

100 W

Post by thorlancaster328 » Feb 24 2021 4:23pm

Vector just shipped yesterday and DHL now has the package. 2½ weeks to ship isn't that bad if you consider other vendors, I just wish they would have been more forthcoming about the shipping time.
I'll post an update when the parts arrive.
Find weakest component, upgrade it, repeat until satisfied. Rome was not built in a day.

Yermommy   10 W

10 W

Post by Yermommy » Feb 24 2021 11:46pm

I ordered a battery and a frame from them recently. The battery got here about a week after they shipped it. The frame has been stuck in the USPS order status of "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" since Jan 23. I researched this status a lot and it looks like its a general catch-all for the time the package is waiting to be shipped from the origin country and the time it spends at the bottom of a pile in US customs. I'm gonna guess that with all the mail USPS handles, nobody wants to pick up my 50lb package and deal with it. I wish I could have chosen FedEx for the shipping.

thorlancaster328   100 W

100 W

Post by thorlancaster328 » Mar 27 2021 12:12am

Mine was shipped through DHL. Despite previous bad experiences the frame shipped pretty fast... Until it got to the USPS in the US where it spent a week in customs.

The motor that came with my frame wasn't the correct one. After contacting and sending them pictures, they realized they sent the wrong motor (Vortex instead of Typhoon version). As of this post, it's been 9 days and they still haven't shipped the correct motor. I suspect they ordered / QS sent the wrong batch of motors. They say it should be shipped in a few days due to being in the wrong stockroom... I'll believe it when it happens.

On the other hand...
My old broken e-bike that I don't ride anymore still has a working "750 watt" rear hub. Turns out it has 10x130mm dropouts, so it should fit in the frame. When I tried to get the motor in, it was not just a tight fit. It was not a Tight fit. It was a TIGHT fit that required a bunch of banging with a rubber mallet to get the axle all the way into the dropout. Probably due to the paint inside the dropouts but I won't have to worry about the axle spinning through a full inch of TIGHT hardened steel :lol: I guess that's a good thing though. Even though it's not the QS-powered rocket ship, it will be rideable and quite a fun mountain bike once I get the load-cell based PAS working.

thorlancaster328   100 W

100 W

Post by thorlancaster328 » Mar 27 2021 12:16am

Even though the frame took a while to arrive, the quality was good. Except for the front tube / headset bearing mounts. It took a good deal of filing and some work with a mallet to get those in the headset. Once I did that, however, everything was tight and smooth with no play. The rest of the frame is very heavily built with ample reinforcement and good welds. Praying that the real motor arrives soon.

bobhurd3d   1 mW

1 mW

Post by bobhurd3d » Apr 12 2021 5:16am

Glad you got your frame even when it took so long to get to you.

I bought a Vector Typhoon from Artur Ragulskyi <info@vectorebike.com> a couple of weeks ago. He's been somewhat communicative and supplied me with the DHL shipping information. I've even been on the phone with him a few times.

Now I'm watching the packages day by day plod their way across Europe via DHL to be shipped to the USPS where no doubt will take the packages and kick them all the way to my front door. (Only after I call them and tell them they shipped it to my neighbor's house instead, like they usually do).

I'm looking forward to ebiking again and that Vector Typhoon looks sweet in those videos on YouTube.

bob