Vector Ebikes taking >2 weeks to ship - Anyone else with this experience?

2 weeks ago, I ordered a typhoon frame and a motor from Vector Electric bikes. The day after payment went through, I asked them when they were planning to ship. Their response:
Of course, as soon as we received your payment, we will start packing your order and will send you tracking number.

A week later, I sent another email. No response. 4 days later, I finally sent another e-mail and got a response that Artur (the seller) was on his way back to Germany and would be shipping soon.

Quite unprofessional for a vendor to do this IMO. If they are being overwhelmed by orders (I've heard their frames are good quality and quite popular), they should hire more people to fulfill instead of leaving buyers in the dark for 2+ weeiks.

Everyone is dealing with parts availability issues, lockdowns, shipping issues, and other dumb crap right now.

I've had difficulty getting parts from certain parts of Canada, Australia, China.. etc.

Sellers would do well to set proper expectations.. many aren't.. :/

Vector just shipped yesterday and DHL now has the package. 2½ weeks to ship isn't that bad if you consider other vendors, I just wish they would have been more forthcoming about the shipping time.
I'll post an update when the parts arrive.

I ordered a battery and a frame from them recently. The battery got here about a week after they shipped it. The frame has been stuck in the USPS order status of "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" since Jan 23. I researched this status a lot and it looks like its a general catch-all for the time the package is waiting to be shipped from the origin country and the time it spends at the bottom of a pile in US customs. I'm gonna guess that with all the mail USPS handles, nobody wants to pick up my 50lb package and deal with it. I wish I could have chosen FedEx for the shipping.

Mine was shipped through DHL. Despite previous bad experiences the frame shipped pretty fast... Until it got to the USPS in the US where it spent a week in customs.

The motor that came with my frame wasn't the correct one. After contacting and sending them pictures, they realized they sent the wrong motor (Vortex instead of Typhoon version). As of this post, it's been 9 days and they still haven't shipped the correct motor. I suspect they ordered / QS sent the wrong batch of motors. They say it should be shipped in a few days due to being in the wrong stockroom... I'll believe it when it happens.

On the other hand...
My old broken e-bike that I don't ride anymore still has a working "750 watt" rear hub. Turns out it has 10x130mm dropouts, so it should fit in the frame. When I tried to get the motor in, it was not just a tight fit. It was not a Tight fit. It was a TIGHT fit that required a bunch of banging with a rubber mallet to get the axle all the way into the dropout. Probably due to the paint inside the dropouts but I won't have to worry about the axle spinning through a full inch of TIGHT hardened steel :lol: I guess that's a good thing though. Even though it's not the QS-powered rocket ship, it will be rideable and quite a fun mountain bike once I get the load-cell based PAS working.

Even though the frame took a while to arrive, the quality was good. Except for the front tube / headset bearing mounts. It took a good deal of filing and some work with a mallet to get those in the headset. Once I did that, however, everything was tight and smooth with no play. The rest of the frame is very heavily built with ample reinforcement and good welds. Praying that the real motor arrives soon.

Glad you got your frame even when it took so long to get to you.

I bought a Vector Typhoon from Artur Ragulskyi <info@vectorebike.com> a couple of weeks ago. He's been somewhat communicative and supplied me with the DHL shipping information. I've even been on the phone with him a few times.

Now I'm watching the packages day by day plod their way across Europe via DHL to be shipped to the USPS where no doubt will take the packages and kick them all the way to my front door. (Only after I call them and tell them they shipped it to my neighbor's house instead, like they usually do).

I'm looking forward to ebiking again and that Vector Typhoon looks sweet in those videos on YouTube.

bob

Still awaiting my ebike from Germany. It's coming up on 4 weeks since I purchased it. The seller, Artur Ragulskyi, has been communicative during the transportation of the bike from Germany to Florida.

He shipped it fairly quickly after my purchase. I have no complaint there. It's just that the shipping companies involved are taking their sweet time in getting the ebike to me. Everything is always blamed on COVID19. It's a wonder the world continues to function at all using their (the shipping company's) reasoning.

- bob

It's been 4 weeks now since I sent payment for my Vector Typhoon ebike and I still have not received it. It appears to be stuck in the USPS system. There is no speeding those folks up. You just have to wait until they have decided they don't want the package(s) in their way anymore. I don't like waiting especially considering the amount of the payment I sent. I think next time (if there is a next time), I'll pay extra to get it shipped from Germany to the US. I don't know if UPS does overseas shipments, but I do know FedEx does. FedEx is quite expensive, but they are quite reliable.

- bob

May Day: I've been told (and read) that shipment to the US from Germany can take 2 to 3 months. So, I am preparing myself for a long wait. I'm not looking forward to waiting that long, but I have to. It is what it is. And at the end of it, I get my ebike. Hopefully, it will be minimally damaged during the shipping process. We'll see.

The USPS predicted that my Vector ebike would deliver yesterday and, of course, it did not. At least with FedEx and UPS, you know exactly where your package is and you get a good delivery date. Not so with the US Postal Service. You get a date that comes and goes and get nothing with no explanation. So I continue waiting...

Back