Luna slow and unprofessional

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
slacker
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Luna slow and unprofessional

Post by slacker » May 23, 2017 6:59 am

optimus, If you read my original response to the op it is far from jumping down his throat unless you are super sensitive. all i gave was constructive criticism. I guess that is your opinion. And no i do not think i am the victim. Seems like a lot of complaining going on around here instead of finding solutions. JMO.

anoNY42
100 W
100 W

Post by anoNY42 » May 23, 2017 7:52 am

slacker wrote: Seems like a lot of complaining going on around here instead of finding solutions. JMO.
You might be right now that the owner of Luna is apparently no longer on this site. However, though I cannot speak for the OP, I myself only learned Luna was banned through this very thread.

Prior to his leaving the site, a comment on here was usually noticed by Luna and solutions could then be worked out.

Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Ypedal » May 23, 2017 8:08 am

anoNY42 wrote: Prior to his leaving the site, a comment on here was usually noticed by Luna and solutions could then be worked out.
If only it were that simple... :cry:
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com

anoNY42
100 W
100 W

Post by anoNY42 » May 23, 2017 8:20 am

Ypedal wrote:
anoNY42 wrote: Prior to his leaving the site, a comment on here was usually noticed by Luna and solutions could then be worked out.
If only it were that simple... :cry:
Didn't the OP on that crazy Luna thread a while back get a refund after Luna started posting on it? I guess it was after the Luna customer support guy gave him a bunch of crap though...

Or am I mis-remembering it?

2old
10 kW
10 kW

Post by 2old » May 23, 2017 10:02 am

Luna didn't have the product and the guy got his money back; where's the problem? Personally, I think Luna was fortunate NOT to have him as a customer. Imagine the whining and sniveling if there was an iota of problem with the kit. Seems (to me) as though the owner of the thread (AFAICT, friend of em3ev and foe of Luna) is exposed to litigation, and fortunate that Luna is overwhelmed with orders. Time to close (maybe erase) the thread

AF7JA
100 W
100 W

Post by AF7JA » May 23, 2017 10:24 am

I am going to throw in that I have been pleased by the service. He has been quick to respond to my questions and reasonably quick to sent parts (nothing broke, I just want a spare controller in my tool box).

RonnieBrowen2106
100 W
100 W

Post by RonnieBrowen2106 » May 23, 2017 10:37 am

I prefer factory direct over distributors when possible. When I have to use eBay or actual distributors, I do lots of research and price checking. I like to save as much money as I can. That way I have more for the next bike project. I build lots of them and sell most of them for the same or a little more then it takes me to build them. It is a great hobby to occupy my spare time.

73nosleN
1 mW
1 mW

Post by 73nosleN » May 23, 2017 11:33 am

I will try to assist you to learn more effectively.

You do not have to read ALL the threads involving Valdemort, just many. Read them carefully. Make Certain that you understand what ALL the words mean. Make note of those for, and against, and their attitude. Process ALL AVAILABLE information.

You should notice something ..... interesting.

Next, pay special attention to those threads wherein a user has reported good service through direct communication with the company. Read them carefully. Make Certain that you understand what ALL the words mean. Process ALL AVAILABLE information.

Again, you will notice something interesting, and also informative.

There is also a whole lot of history you can find, an opportunity to observe his efforts at communication in several forms, and the manner he conducts himself and his business affairs. This is less necessary, and not at all needed to inform a potential purchase decision, it just rounds out the picture.

Just do the first two things.

If you make the effort and still don't see it, I will offer more detailed guidance, but you are gonna have to convince me you have made the effort, I will not spoon-feed it to you.

Valdemort has recently introduced a new angle. Legal issues have been mentioned at least 3 times in the last few months. He is clearly running scared. Not only is there no reasonable legal recourse he could pursue, such a proceeding would afford the opportunity to FORCE sworn testimony from him, to be placed on the public record, and also the chance to enter a counter-suit. So, I'm all for it. Truth is an excellent defense in a defamation case, which would be the most probable attempt.

There is a potential concern, but that area has been carefully and completely seperated from this site and has no operational connection to it.

MadRhino
10 GW
10 GW

Post by MadRhino » May 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Those who threat with lawsuit to shut you off, are usually those who have something to hide. Here, when such a lawsuit case is lost in court, the claimant is usually condemned to a substantial amount as penalty for abuse of justice. It is a case that is hard to win too, with the claimant having to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the defendant had deliberately published false informations with the premeditated intention to cause a prejudice to the claimant. The odds are not good for the claimant, and the defendant doesn't risk much even with minimalist defense.
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street: https://s20.postimg.org/ewrvugywt/Session_04_2015.jpg
Dirt: https://s20.postimg.org/lbqwr55ml/IMG_0157.jpg

Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Ypedal » May 23, 2017 3:08 pm

seriously ?...... lawsuits over bits and pieces for an electric bicycle ? ( that happen to be over most places power limits... )

this world keeps letting me down, day by day.. :pancake:
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com

methods
10 GW
10 GW

Post by methods » May 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Do Tell...
Always interested in hearing a good story. :mrgreen:

My Experience with Luna is that they shipped what I ordered quickly and when I took it apart what they said was inside was inside. I ordered 10 battery packs or so.
That said - I can attest to the difficulties of a small business... and I would not be surprised at all to hear about a week delay on an order.
When you buy from a rock-bottom-price seller you should expect things like this.

As for the Ban - yes ONE of his profiles was banned... but as you can see, and be assured... he is back and will be back in different forms.

-methods

73nosleN wrote:I have decided that from this point forward I shall refer to this individual as Voldemort, as in "He whose name must not be spoken".

If you failed to see the warning signs, then you definitely need to hone your research skills. Although, somebody in management did delete a LARGE number of posts that might have helped to alert you to the problem.

It has been stated to me by a mod that he was, in fact, banned from here.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to share what I have learned, which is fairly extensive. Also depressing, frustrating, dissappointing, and infuriating, but, in the end, somewhat satisfying.

Only thing left to do is drive a wooden stake thru his heart. Whittling, whittling, where IS that hammer?
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

methods
10 GW
10 GW

Post by methods » May 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Below - inline edit in RED
mr.electric wrote:I really hope people on ES are smart enough to read through this BS.

I don't know what happened to this place. but its getting worse and worse. I guess it really needs leadership who is not a dealer.

Justin had nothing to do with the Ban. Mods are a mixed group and I am one of them.

Pretty pathetic. One buyer bought a kit that ended up out of stock. He complained and he was refunded.

Is this the worse stone you can throw?

Not why he was banned

I have been buying EV products for years from all the biggest dealers on here and it has been nothing less than a shit show.

True lol...

A friend of mine (Eric) started Luna out of his garage. And trust me he has nothing but good intentions.

And from what i can tell other dealers are falling suit and lowering prices (finally) and upping the quality of support (such as speediness of shipping)

I remember waiting months for products to arrive from both Grin and Em3ev. Am I allowed to say that here?

You can say whatever you want. As for pricing.. Grin gives back more than they take.... and most companies are not set up to be sustainable Engineering Companies. Justin is trying to build something... An Engineering Firm... not get rich. I vetted him myself by flying all the way to Canada and staying for a week. You will get nowhere going down a path of trying to tear that man down. Basically you are comparing an engineering company to guys who buy wholesale and sell retail but have anywhere from Little to no idea what it is they are selling. These are not apples and oranges.

Business Men
Engineers
Difference

"One test is worth a thousand opinions"