Locked Threads, Free Speech, & Other Looney (Luna) Tunes

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
doubledipsoon
100 W
100 W

Locked Threads, Free Speech, & Other Looney (Luna) Tunes

Post by doubledipsoon » Jul 04, 2017 9:55 am

OK, yeah, Luna is blowing it- let's just admit the obvious. I wanted to purchase a Luna 48 volt 13.5 AH Bottle Battery- they were out of stock 2 weeks ago, so I called them twice on the phone to find out the availability date- it was all recordings- multiple times, over and over. "we'll call you back if you leave your number", so I waited by the phone. They called back within a couple hours (?), and when I picked up the phone and said, "hello", it hung up....I emailed them about this, and a day later (?) they emailed back saying that this particular battery won't be available for "a month"....That's my take on this company- all hard evidence that they can't deal with what's going on...Customer service: F-.."and if you need a friend, get a dog"....Wow, and what's this "locked" thread gig on this site? I mean, who's in bed with who here? Freedom of speech? Not a chance! Will I be blacklisted too?

billvon
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Locked Threads, Free Speech, & Other Looney (Luna) Tunes

Post by billvon » Jul 04, 2017 2:40 pm

doubledipsoon wrote:OK, yeah, Luna is blowing it- let's just admit the obvious. I wanted to purchase a Luna 48 volt 13.5 AH Bottle Battery- they were out of stock 2 weeks ago, so I called them twice on the phone to find out the availability date- it was all recordings- multiple times, over and over. "we'll call you back if you leave your number", so I waited by the phone. They called back within a couple hours (?), and when I picked up the phone and said, "hello", it hung up....I emailed them about this, and a day later (?) they emailed back saying that this particular battery won't be available for "a month"....That's my take on this company- all hard evidence that they can't deal with what's going on...Customer service: F-.."and if you need a friend, get a dog"....Wow, and what's this "locked" thread gig on this site? I mean, who's in bed with who here? Freedom of speech? Not a chance! Will I be blacklisted too?
I've had pretty good luck with them, myself. But I just need batteries, not a friend.
--bill von

doubledipsoon
100 W
100 W

Post by doubledipsoon » Jul 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Good one, Bill! I'm sure you did have great luck with Luna back in the good ol' days, when actual human beings answered the telephone. Don't get me wrong- I'm sure the whole overworked crew down at Luna does a great job, as long as the boat from China is on time.....

spinningmagnets
100 GW
100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Jul 04, 2017 6:01 pm

I've had better luck with Luna when I emailed them.

tomjasz
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jul 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Buy it elsewhere.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.