Hobby King and Lipo batteries

So I have a few questions. I have ordered two 6s Lipo batteries for my ebike I built. I have heard that sometimes you can get dud cells. Does Hobby King replace those under warranty? Also, has anyone else noticed that their tracking service does not work right? One of the batteries arrived and the tracking still did not work. But at least I have it. What are your guys experience with Hobby King and turnigy multistar lipo batteries?

I have similar problems and I have ordered 6 batteries of multistar 16Ah but they told me that it wasn't possible ship them together so I have to pay two times the cost of shipping because they have to split the order in two parts!!!!!

I'm running 2 of the 20ah 6s multistars from hobbyking and they're awesome, no dud cells, shipping was by boat, took over a month but tracking seem to work most of the way.

Nice to know dud cells are not a common issue. I hope my sweedish luck has not run out and I can avoid getting a dud, those batteries are expensive and take a while to get to the US. And I placed the orders separately for the two batteries.

I now have both batteries, but I am still waiting on the 400W duo graph charger I ordered from RCMoment.com. I dont want to wait ages, so I bought two 150W single chargers from hobbyking.com. Hobyking has very fast shipping from any of there warehouses. 3-10 days from the china warehouse. I ordered them from there. $92 for both, including shipping. And my AC/DC 12v 40A power supply has been delivered. Soon my bike will be running once more.

I bought about 10 each of the 6S and 4S 5200 mah Multi-stars.

Two of the 4S packs each had a cell that was weak... usable, but enough that the LV alarm went off when the other three cells were around .25 or .35 V higher, if I remember correctly.

I emailed them a couple of images.. One with a CBA test on the whole pack, and with a celllog showing the state of all the cells at once. for each pack.

They sent me replacement packs promptly, plus let me keep the original.

RLT said:
I bought about 10 each of the 6S and 4S 5200 mah Multi-stars.

Two of the 4S packs each had a cell that was weak... usable, but enough that the LV alarm went off when the other three cells were around .25 or .35 V higher, if I remember correctly.

I emailed them a couple of images.. One with a CBA test on the whole pack, and with a celllog showing the state of all the cells at once. for each pack.

They sent me replacement packs promptly, plus let me keep the original.
Thanks, Nice to know

Back