WHERE ARE YOU DILLENGER!

So coming here today to both vent and hopefully take a shot in the dark to help out a client of my companies. Been through the ringer and back with these people. They refuse to call me, the service and warranty manager over here to discuss past payments YEARS past due and have completely stonewalled all emails at this point. I am simply trying to collect payment for work done to our clients bike so we can return it to him. So onto the BS between- old mechanic had made arrangement with dillenger to fix KNOWN issues with their fat bike they put out. long story short the bikes were completely slap-stick jobs that were half thought out so there was lots to be done to make the client actually feel safe on this bike. After lots of arguments and the client still not feeling safe with the bike dillenger decided to take the bike back in order to make the client happy finally. Awesome! except.... they never showed up. the client had the bike down at the port and talked to the port officials and Dillenger no called, no showed at the freight pickup. Then they try to contact said client telling him that he was not at the pickup and that their agreement was no longer valid. So now they come after us for the money paid to fix the bike and charge it back out of our accounts causing us penalties and fees. At this point the bike has been in and out of our shop for nearly TWO YEARS!!!!!! and the client just wants this headache to be over finally. ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW ANYONE AT DILLENGER??? I really do not want to take this further legally if we dont have to but will have to report this as fraud eventually to the BBB and the State of California's State Attorney General's Office.

amberwolf said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36416

Definetely slid into that PM box already, we will see if he shows his face after starting off his email conversation rude at at the start :roll:

Yeah. They blocked me on facebook a few years back when I asked a couple questions about my kit.

Been sending them emails over the last couple months and not a single reply to any of my queries about a purchase I wanted to make.

They seem extremely dodgy, never known a company that tries their hardest to silence/ignore people like they do rather than deal with the problems themselves.

Minus well post the outcome of the situation: Eventaully the dude who owned the bike started threatening our shop after telling him someone had to pay the bill and he accused us of egging his house in the middle of the night. After getting ahold of dillenger finally through email they said why was i wasting my time chasing around small portions of money ( hmmm wondering what my actual job description is at this point as I am the warranty manager for ELV Motors... i send invoices out to companies to get paid for our service work...)
Long story short: customer was irate and being an ass cuz of this company- partially understandable cuz they are pricks but didnt need to threaten the guys in the middle, AND
STAY AWAY FROM DILLENGER 100% they refuse to speak to us a LBS ( and trust me we want to be able to fix your bikes lol) and will not honor any sort of agreements. Also their bikes are confirmed hack jobs. I have numerous emails back and forth between our old mechanic and them saying how the dillenger "fat bikes" were basically left over parts that they through together and had known issues with chain lines, brakes alignment, torque plate and spinout issues, etc etc etc....
BUYER BEWARE

Dillenger needs to meet you half way and make an actual effort, might be only "small change" but it's still money YOU are entitled to. It's stealing otherwise.
But on the bright side, at least you got an actual reply out of Dillenger. :lol:

Sadly... I don't really have any alternative options in Australia as far as I know.

I want a kit that is something simple, plug and play. (I.E. No cable spaghetti, waterproof.) that doesn't blow out costs when you start throwing currency conversion and shipping around. (I.E. Under $1,500 AUD) And is about 1,500w or greater.

Im sure their kits work phenomenally.... until they dont work anymore and then good luck sailing up shit creek with no paddles or sails. Will message Hyena and see whats up. Pretty dismayed at their response still and that the boss decided to take such a loss by buying the crap bike off the guy just to try to save face a bit. Thing runs beautifully now but worries me about how they admitted that the bikes are just old components they had laying around that they tried to make bikes out of lolol

amberwolf said:
Try talking to Hyena here on ES.

I have no affiliation with Dillinger. I did visit their shop a once a few years ago but that's about it so I can't be of any help unfortunately

I didn't say you did. I just pointed Permalite to your company when he said that Dillinger was the only place he knew of to get stuff from in Australia...
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&f=46&t=92831#pr1363482

amberwolf said:
I didn't say you did. I just pointed Permalite to your company when he said that Dillinger was the only place he knew of to get stuff from in Australia...
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&f=46&t=92831#pr1363482

I checked out Hyena and they don't list any ebike kits on their website?
"We’re in the process of developing a range of new conversion kits to suit existing bicycle and our new range of frames. Check back soon!"

Their Alpha Bike Frame looks awesome, but just for the frame+suspension is $2380 before we start talking about the electrical components, which is a bit much for a pensioner like me. - It would be doable if they had Zippay/Zipmoney though. (hint hint)

Still no word from Dillenger, I keep sending them emails, the sky might fall one day. :lol:

Pemalite said:
Still no word from Dillenger, I keep sending them emails, the sky might fall one day. :lol:

you never will... well actually you might but it wont last long if it does... had to buy back the bike from the guy and its a joke. they said they put a 1000w kit on it. definetely still 750.... and the frame isnt even meant for this type of thing. we had to put torque arms on both sides as it is already starting to twist at less than 200 miles. what a load of garbage parts put together haphazardly... even the controller casing is cracking on all four screw holes. way too put brittle plastic on a bike meant to go offroad........ :lol: :roll: :shock:

Pemalite said:
I checked out Hyena and they don't list any ebike kits on their website?
"We’re in the process of developing a range of new conversion kits to suit existing bicycle and our new range of frames. Check back soon!"

I'd check directly with him--either the page on his site or via the forum options on his profile page. It's possible he has stuff available but the web pages havent' been updated (I've seen sites for various products that haven't been updated in years because they dont' really sell thru the site, but rather in-shop or personal contact, and kinda just have a website in case people are searching for them. Maybe Hyena's is like that, too?)

NOWHERE! - Does this company even exist, and do they want my money at all?

How are you gonna sell me a complete motor kit that cuts off every time you use full throttle, or set the PAS to high? Come on. The battery included with the kit's high current cutoff was too low, such that whenever the motor kit got anywhere close to ~1000w, the whole damn thing would cutoff, and you had to cut the switch off and on again. It is flat out wrong to sell someone a motor kit with an innapropriately sized battery. Granted, they were small batteries, but when you buy a 1000w motor kit w/included battery, wouldn't you just expect that they're at least proerly spec'd to work with each other? They battery shouldn't be cutting off until it's dead. BTW, the batteries only provided 3ah before going dead (advertised to give 6ah), which gave these bikes an extremely low range of 6-9 miles.

I purchased 2 complete DD motor kits from these guys in Jan 2016 as part of a climate research project funded by the Clinton Global Initiative. The 'E-Bike User Study,' as it was called, was a pilot e-bike rental program carried out in Boone, NC (during college) that loaned out e-mountain bikes, setup for commuting, for a period of 2 weeks. We used Cycle Analyst v2.3 + GPS Analoggers to gather ride data for later modeling of carbon emissions offset by use of e-bikes when compared per-mile-traveled to use of a single occupancy automobile.

That project was important to the University, to the Clinton Initiative, to the Technology dept. at the school, and to me. This project led to other grants, to me getting jobs in the EV industry, new classes being added to the department's curriculum, etc., and was great data to have for several related entities (Alternative Transportation Committee, LEVA training, local chapter of EAA, etc.), but the key mistake I made when building the bikes was cheaping out on the conversion kits. It was the only way we could afford to build 2 bikes instead of just 1. So we got a discount on a couple Trek 29" har tails (nice bikes) from the LBS, and had craptastic motor kits on them.

Never again. Screw you, Dillenger, for making me look bad in front of my friends, and for not once ever answering a phone call, email, or social media request.

Back