Sabvoton settings for MXUS 3K Turbo

Sparfuchs

1 kW
Hello EV friends,

i finished my e bike build and now i'm ready to go.. but...
i'm totally overtaxed with all the options of my unlocked Sabvoton SVMC 72150 software.

Is there something like a recommended set up for my MXUS 3K Turbo ?

Or does the controller adjust or change the settings by its self when it recognizes the motor and the battery (at least the basics) ?

If i have to do it by myself - what are the first or the most important settings i should adjust so i can use it safely ?

The battery pack is a 20s9p pack with Samsung 35E cells and a 50A BMS. According to the aliexpress seller it has this data:
Max Continuous Discharge Current:50A
Peak Discharge Current:150A (i was told at endless sphere that can't be right/realistic ?)
Discharge Cut-off Voltage:60+/-1 V
Cell Overdisharge protection Voltage:2.75V
Discharge Temperature Range: -20 - 60°C

The throttle i use is a standard universal throttle from aliexpress with a voltmeter display and a keyswitch. (DC: 1V - 4,2V)

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards
Sparfuchs

and another problem i have is the hall angle thing. I made the sabvoton hall angle test and it was successful with the status"hall test ok". The strange thing is that it should have an angle of 120 but it says offset angle 191. It works fine but if i cange it to the 120 it works too but makes a humming noice.
Does someone know what's wrong here ?

There are two angles associated with hall sensors, the angle between hall sensors (nominally 120 or 60 degrees) and their angle with respect to the stator.

191 likely refers to the latter, with the 120 being assumed (60 is rare) and is best not replaced by the arbitrary number 120.

I don't have a sabvoton, I'm guessing, but I know other controllers generate this offset angle one way or another.

mxlemming said:
There are two angles associated with hall sensors, the angle between hall sensors (nominally 120 or 60 degrees) and their angle with respect to the stator.

191 likely refers to the latter, with the 120 being assumed (60 is rare) and is best not replaced by the arbitrary number 120.

I don't have a sabvoton, I'm guessing, but I know other controllers generate this offset angle one way or another.

Thanks a lot for your reply mxlemming,
i think it's strange that there are no informations at all in google... At least i haven't found any.
But as long as it works fine i'll just keep the setting at 191 :)

Glad it helps!

How is this mxus 3k turbo? I'm looking at getting one, but I'm put off because I don't know if I'll actually be able to get it into either of my bikes - 2013 canyon torque frx with 142mm bolt through and giant trance - 135mm qr.

Obviously the qs205 is a no go for these...

mxlemming said:
Glad it helps!

How is this mxus 3k turbo? I'm looking at getting one, but I'm put off because I don't know if I'll actually be able to get it into either of my bikes - 2013 canyon torque frx with 142mm bolt through and giant trance - 135mm qr.

Obviously the qs205 is a no go for these...

The size was the main reason why i decided to get a
Mxus 3k turbo and not a qs205. As far as i know, its the strongest or one of the strongest hubmotors with a dropout of 142 mm. I "pressed" the mxus in a 135 dropout and it works fine. And i also think that you don't need a stronger motor than that..or maybe just in rare cases.
If you think of buying a qs 205 keep in mind that you will need not just a bigger dropout but also a bigger battery and a strong controller if you want to use all the power. In my opinion the qs205 is not really suitable for "normal" e bikes.

It fits in the 10mm 135mm space dropout? Or do you have to make brackets and file things?

Pic?

mxlemming said:
It fits in the 10mm 135mm space dropout? Or do you have to make brackets and file things?

Pic?

I did it without any brackets. From 135 to 141 might seem more that in is. In fact you just need to bend the dropout 6mm more than it is. I did this already with two aluminium frame but i read on endless sphere that you shouldn't bend aluminium to much. But they said it not a problem with steel frames. In my case it worked fine...for now ;)

Back