tidal force m750

micah78

100 mW
I have a tidal force m750 with the battery jumper so I was wondering if anyone knows what battery I should buy for it.EM3EV has a 36v battery with 30amp cutoff will this work or should I look for a battery that has a higher amp limit?

What is the "battery jumper", and what exactly does it do?

Regarding the battery current limit--what is your controller's current limit?
And/or:
What is the max current you have measured the system using, peak?
What is the max current you have measured the system using, continuosly?

Those are what you need to know, to get a battery you know is capable of handling the demands of the system.

FWIW, a 36v battery with a 30A continous capability can output about a thousand watts continously. So if your system is a 750w continous system, then such a battery could handle it, even if it has peak usages of up to a thousand watts. If your system has a higher continuous / peak demand, then you'd need a higher-capability battery.

Another thing to ensure is that you get a battery with enough total Wh to give you the range you need. Do you know about how many Wh/mile you presently use? Or at least, what range you get with the battery you have, *and* what Ah (or Wh) of the battery you have is capable of?

micah78 said:
I have a tidal force m750 with the battery jumper so I was wondering if anyone knows what battery I should buy for it.EM3EV has a 36v battery with 30amp cutoff will this work or should I look for a battery that has a higher amp limit?
That should work fine. I used a 36V (10S) lipo with mine for years. 30 amp should be plenty, although the system will draw more than that if you let it. I saw 45 amp peaks.

I didn't have a cycle analyst on the bike so I never got to see how many amps it did pull.I know the em3ev battery would give enough range to get back and forth to work 9mile round trip.If the TF pulls 45amps peak I might need to look at something else.I would hate to buy a battery that trips the bms when the battery is half charged.I just like em3ev batteries but I know Grin sells batteries too maybe I should look at those instead?Maybe Ligo's and have a few of those hooked together?

That battery should work fine. I used a very similar battery on mine. I went with LiPo for the X model.

Back