Thermal Management System for battery pack.

Yer bike busted? tell us all about it here.
꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂   100 µW

100 µW

Thermal Management System for battery pack.

Post by ꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂ » Apr 02 2021 3:15am

Hello guys, I am working on 36v 9 amps battery currently and was figuring a way to keep it cool.
The battery will be fitted inside the upper frame, it's in rectangular shape and I was thinking add air cooling system. Please share your views.
Attachments
Battery position.jpg
Frame. Inside which battery pack will fit.
Battery position.jpg (44.39 KiB) Viewed 118 times

fatty   1 kW

1 kW

Re: Thermal Management System for battery pack.

Post by fatty » Apr 02 2021 3:33am

How hot does the pack get currently? What are the effects?
Don't take advice from:
there is no difference between a mean well CC/CV power supply and a device sold as a charger. they operate in EXACTLY the same way
Testing has demonstrated that ordinary rim brakes thermally outperformed all but the best disc brakes...You'll always add weight and cost, while not equalling the capabilities of comparable rim brakes, if you use discs

AngryBob   1 kW

1 kW

Post by AngryBob » Apr 02 2021 4:42am

The diagram is near-totally non-informational, does not appear to take into account the direction of airflow while moving, and the whole exercise is generally unnecessary.
"Not being treated like a dumb dick is one of the incentives we have to become less stupid." - Balmorhea.

꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂   100 µW

100 µW

Post by ꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂ » Apr 03 2021 6:28am

fatty wrote:
Apr 02 2021 3:33am
How hot does the pack get currently? What are the effects?
Thanks for the reply! I am currently in designing phase. So I really don't have any idea how much hot it go get.

꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂   100 µW

100 µW

Post by ꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂ » Apr 03 2021 6:31am

AngryBob wrote:
Apr 02 2021 4:42am
The diagram is near-totally non-informational, does not appear to take into account the direction of airflow while moving, and the whole exercise is generally unnecessary.
[/quote
Sorry for the bad 3D model, I am not really good at that, I just tried my best. Moreover it later came in my mind to add thermal Management System to it, The model is not 100% its in development.

fatty   1 kW

1 kW

Post by fatty » Apr 03 2021 1:16pm

꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂ wrote:
Apr 03 2021 6:28am
Thanks for the reply! I am currently in designing phase. So I really don't have any idea how much hot it go get.
Oh, that's trivial then -- just design the pack not to get hot.
Don't take advice from:
there is no difference between a mean well CC/CV power supply and a device sold as a charger. they operate in EXACTLY the same way
Testing has demonstrated that ordinary rim brakes thermally outperformed all but the best disc brakes...You'll always add weight and cost, while not equalling the capabilities of comparable rim brakes, if you use discs