Bms help.

Ianhill

1 MW
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Got a 16s bms 60v 45a lithuim (4.2v) for oldskool scooter project but the problem is i got 16s and theres 17 bleed resistors and 18 wires so 17s capable maybe ?

Im far from been a expert on bms and it turned up with no information how to wire it can anyone help shed some light on how i got to wire it up.

I see theres pads for an led and a temp probe but no info on what probe or even if its got the components on the board to work it.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100505

Seems im not the first, doesnt really clear anything up either.

From what i can gather wire 17 and 18 both connect to cell 16 positive side, from what i can tell one is for the cell bleed current and the other battery + sence so i can use the bms for example in a 10s mode and connect wire 18 to the battery plus and have the bms detect pack voltage not sure its minimum cell count but I've solved my issue thanks all.

Usually you can run 16s pack on 17s bms. You gotta build the battery anyway, worst case you get a better bluetooth bms.

Sure looks like a 17s board.

It will probably work by taking the cell 16 and cell 17 connections and tie them together. You just don't want to leave any wires floating.

I didn't want anything to fancy its going on a beater so no need for a bluetooth bms on this ride its an old skool brushed motor scooter so the build called for compact ,cheap and work is all it needs to be.

Battery is a 16s1p 10ah graphene lipo, I'll be fitting the bms to a alloy plate and charging in the 1c range but ive the got capability with charger and cells to go to 2.5c, 500wh in 25mins or so from flat.

Back