Tidalforce Wavecrest 750X Not Starting Up

shoangore

100 µW
Hi all, I'm having issues getting a 750X I recently picked up working. I've followed the tutorial on how to switch to 'Battery B' with a 2-pin jumper, I've also removed the front wheel hub and replaced it with a normal wheel.

The Motor cable, I found that the white cable with heat shrink on it had torn, so soldered it back to a wire (though the cable revealed when opening up the larger cable was pink?)
EDIT: I undid the Battery 1 cable a little and saw that the white connector is supposed to connect to a bare wire outside of the metal shielding around the rest of the wires, so I soldered it onto that. I'm not sure what the pink wire is for then.

My bike has Delphi 480 connectors, and I plugged my battery (36v 14Ah 30Amp) in, and the blue REGEN light went on immediately.

However, the throttle is non-responsive. Am I missing any steps here?

Attachments

• PXL_20210423_003229012.jpg
    PXL_20210423_003229012.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20210423_013338400.jpg
    PXL_20210423_013338400.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20210423_013753709.jpg
    PXL_20210423_013753709.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20210419_005502793.jpg
    PXL_20210419_005502793.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 250
I have not used one of these, so the suggestions I have may not apply, but they may guide you. There are a number of threads about them from back in the day that may have more useful info, probably under TF750, Tidal Force, Tidalforce, in their topic titles or first posts.

First, most problems with most systems are caused by wires or connections. So that's the first thing I would check, in detail, if you have not; you may find other problems like the one already fixed.

My bike has Delphi 480 connectors, and I plugged my battery (36v 14Ah 30Amp) in, and the blue REGEN light went on immediately.
If it really is in regen, it would mean that either current is flowing from the controller into the battery (unlikely) or perhaps an ebrake line is engaged and it thinks it is in regen mode? Note that "engaged" may mean open, or may mean shorted, depending on the type of switch used in the levers. If you can unplug each lever from the system and check them, they should both measure the same. If they are different, one of them probably has a bad switch. Plugging each one in on it's own and retesting will tell you which one.

This is one post in which the brake lever was misadjusted and caused no operation.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69700#p1080610

This is an archive site of various TF info that may be useful as well:
https://sites.google.com/site/continuousforce/home/tidalforce/everything-tidalforce

I have the same bike as you have and my rear brake lever would sick sometimes and regen would stay on.Check the levers and make sure they go back all the way,try to wiggle them and see if that makes it go off.If there is any pull on the lever or they don't seat all the way back in regen stays on.

Thanks for getting back to me!

If you can unplug each lever from the system and check them, they should both measure the same.

I fiddled around with the brakes and checked the sensors, they're in place (though the plastic is a little cracked and the left brake part of the plastic part that the screw goes through is missing, but they don't move around). I also loosened up the brake wire and fiddled around with the brakes themselves. I tried unplugging but the regen light still pops up.

Actually, on a side note when I plug in the battery, the only light that immediately pops up is regen, nothing else lights up.

Is it possible that the pink wire modification was done by the previous owner and is incorrect, and instead should go to that other (hidden) wire?

So the pink wire I'm not sure what it was for, but I found that the white wire was supposed to go to the bare wire and not the pink. I checked the other side and there's no pink, so probably it was just an unused cable by the manufacturer.

What voltage is it charged to right now?

Battery is brand new, I just checked and it's reading at 41.2V

check the levers and make sure they go back all the way,try to wiggle them and see if that makes it go off.

I attached the photo of how everything looks, the brakes and the sensors seem to be fine (to me at least, I could be wrong). I also tried unplugging the sensors and the regen light continues to stay on.

Another thing to note, none of the lights except for regen turn on, even if I press buttons. Not sure if that's normal under these circumstances but other posts indicate that some LED's (like turbo) still turn on

Attachments

• brakes.jpg
    brakes.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 224
I ran a small experiment on the brake sensors this morning.

Turned on the bike and used a multimeter to measure voltages. Both measured at 3.2V, and activating the brakes dropped the voltage levels down to 0 volts. This was true for both front and rear brakes.

While there I rechecked the throttle, and had the same results. 3.2V when not activated, but slowly ticking down to 0 Volts as the throttle was engaged.

Does this mean the sensors should still be functional?

I pulled the motor cable and ran a continuity test with my multimeter. (un)fortunately the cable was perfectly fine, which crosses out another possibility. Starting to sadly suspect that the motor itself may be the issue, but will continue to troubleshoot.

Attached is the motor wiring diagram I created while testing in case it somehow helps someone else in the future.

Attachments

• motorwire.jpg
    motorwire.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 194
Reviving an old thread, if shoangore is still around...

Check the brake handles to see if they have a magnet in them that are only visible when you pull on the hand brake. They are located directly underneath the "Index" sensors when they are not used. When used, they pull away from the sensor and stop the bike's accelerator from functioning. It's a safety feature to stop the flow of juice to the motor. If the magnets aren't in the handle, then the motor won't run. It's thinking that the brakes are engaged.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back