KT display and 48v battery

NicoH2

1 µW
Hello everybody,. (sorry for my poor English)

Anyone have heard anything about issues with kunteng display and 48v batteries?

I've a little bike 36v with 350w motor and kunteng electronics.
Controller is 14A one and display was KT lcd7.
All is fine until I change batteries to 48v.
The first issue after sometime is the usb adaptor of display come u/s. Sometimes later, the display stop running, it's out. I contact AliExpress seller for warranty.
In waiting, I buy a KT lcd5 on Amazon, 25km later it's going u/s... I send back it and order a new one, for only 22km under 48v...
For now, I came back to 36v battery with a KT lcd4...
Have you any advice about that?

I have 4 different KT equipped bikes, all running on 48v. Some are several years old. I love them to be honest. Would recommend them to anyone.

Surprised actually, that you're having so much trouble with your displays. Could they be getting water into them?

NicoH2 said:
The first issue after sometime is the usb adaptor of display come u/s. Sometimes later, the display stop running, it's out.

I'm assuming us USE the USB adaptor.

My guess is you fried the DC-DC buck converter for the USB, and maybe damaged other components. You may have been maxing it out already when you ran 36V, but when you switched to 48V, the DC-DC had to deal with a greater voltage drop, so even plugging in the same device, it overworked the converter. 36V down to 5V versus 48V down to 5V means the buck converter is working a third harder.

Do not know what u/s means, although I figure it means not working. Still, would like to know what you meant. The USB port going U/S must mean no power? The LCD7 going U/S means what? It's blank and won't power up?

I would expect these displays to run on a 48V battery. I run an LCD-1 on 48V and it has a USB port. Took it up to an indicated 60V.

I have not seen a problem on my four LCD-3's or one LCD-1.

Back