Looking for some guidance on this electrical issues

Mitasspeed

1 µW
I have a 15kw Bomber clone with shut down issues.. A little history.

I currently have 21km on the bike and ran great up unt this shut down issue happened Bike is a 72V 49AH pack, controller is a Sabvoton 72200(M) controller. 12" 3T hub motor.

The bike shuts down immediately when the slightest throttle is engaged. It will not power back on unless I plug in the charger. If I plug in the charger it turn on but will shut down when throttle is applied. The motor phase wires are in "perfect" condition. They are not shorted to ground. I have had the cover off the motor and there are no signs of arcing or burns anywhere. I did not remove the stator however.

The controller has a green power indicator when powered on. From what I am seeing online it should be red correct? The seller keeps pointing me in the direction of the phase wires but I have checked them EXTENSIVELY and they are perfect which leads me to either a controller issue or BMS perhaps. I have been reluctant to dig into the battery at this point in hopes that someone may point me in a more precise direction. See link below for video of the issue. Would a controller reset help Thank? THANK YOU for any/all help!!

https://youtu.be/OnQDnyvLly8

I have a 15kw Bomber clone with shut down issues.. A little history.

I currently have 21km on the bike and ran great up unt this shut down issue happened Bike is a 72V 49AH pack, controller is a Sabvoton 72200(M) controller. 12" 3T hub motor.

The bike shuts down immediately when the slightest throttle is engaged. It will not power back on unless I plug in the charger. If I plug in the charger it turns on but will shut down when throttle is applied. The motor phase wires are in "perfect" condition. They are not shorted to ground. I have had the cover off the motor and there are no signs of arcing or burns anywhere. I did not remove the stator however.

The controller has a green power indicator when powered on. From what I am seeing online it should be red correct? The seller keeps pointing me in the direction of the phase wires but I have checked them EXTENSIVELY and they are perfect which leads me to either a controller issue or BMS perhaps. I have been reluctant to dig into the battery at this point in hopes that someone may point me in a more precise direction. See link below for video of the issue. Would a controller reset help? THANK YOU for any/all help!!

https://youtu.be/OnQDnyvLly8

Definitely sounds like a BMS or controller issue. I would test the battery output voltage before the bike shuts down and after it shuts down. If the voltage (measured from battery output connector) is low or zero when the bike shuts off then it is the BMS shutting down.

Also, I see you are in Ontario. If you want to PM me your location, I may be able to help in person.

Sounds like your battery is done. Best to start testing. What is your battery voltage, how long does it take to charge it up. Need to figure out the batteries capacity. If the voltage is low at rest and you hook up the charger and it hits the upper cut off with out taking a charge. You will need to check out the battery for bad cells/groups. It could be some thing else but would start with the battery.

While checking battery voltage at the battery voltage inputs at the controller I have 84V and when I apply throttle the bike shuts down and voltage drops to 9V and slowly bleeds down to 0V. When I remove the leads from the controller I get 72V across the battery leads which leads me to believe the BMS is defective.. I wish I had a spare "good" controller and spare "good" motor lol

Your BMS May be defective but it is much more likely that your battery is out of balance and the BMS is simply doing what it’s supposed to do when it senses a cell group drop below the cutoff level.

Back