Erratic Throttle control (fixed)

BareKuda

100 W
I recently bought a new electronic scooter and the throttle was intermittently erratic, suddenly accelerating more than the throttle was twisted. Another symptom was the motor did not have enough Torque to climb a curb without a running start, which my previous scooter with half the Power climbed like a champ.

I traced the wires and everything from the controller to the throttle looked fine and the three output was 0.8v-3.6v, which is normal for hall sensor type throttle. The motor ran smooth and quiet, no shuddering, or other abnormal noise.

Then I opened the controller to see what’s written in the board to see if any clues. I noticed the board said 4.3v for the throttle and 5v for the motor hall sensors, and the motor hall sensor 5v looked to have a thicker path for current.

When I put it back together took readings with my multimeter and there as 4.3v going to the hall sensors and 5v going to the throttle. And these have opposite male/female pins so it was a factory error.

I rewired it so the 5V goes to the motor hall sensors and the 4.3v goes to the throttle hall sensors, and the throttle now works smoothly like you expect it to.

It also fixed the low starting torque of the motor, so I assume it had more to do with the motor hall sensor not having enough power than the throttle having too much.

Attachments

• BA61B724-EB61-4E0E-8129-562569596896.jpeg
    BA61B724-EB61-4E0E-8129-562569596896.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 208
That is a pretty poor mistake for the factory to make but nice work on figuring it out.

Back