CYC X1+bac2000 weird throttle issue

Stormsorter

10 µW
Throttle starts the motor at 1v and seems to work fine until I pass 1.25v or 1.3v then it slowly ramps up to full on its own even though I'm holding it steady at 1.3v. Throttle is set to bypass assist levels and yes full is set to 4.3v. Fault range and deadband threshold are at 0.2. It does start complaining about a speed sensor error when I use the throttle but I assume that's because its not on a bike so there's no magnet passing the sensor. Could this be the reason for the weird throttle?

Update
I just realized the crank spindle was probably spinning so stuck an arm on to hold it and no noticeable change. I did pay closer attention the throttle voltage and seems like motor starts a 1.15v and full throttle is reached at 1.45v so it probably just seems like its auto ramping to full because the window is so tiny.

I'm just asking here since the massive time zone difference make tech support seem slow and maybe someone else has already dealt with this.

Really old thread, but since it might come up for others in a search:

The BAC is a current-modulating controller, and the throttle sets how much current the motor gets. It does not modulate the speed (though you may set speed limits, they're not relevant to this issue)

If the test is done wheel-off-ground, or motor not connected to a sufficient mechanical load, then even a tiny amount of throttle will provide enough current to let the motor spin up to maximum unloaded speed. (as happened to the OP of this thread)

If the test is done wheel-on-ground, or with motor connected to sufficient mechanical load, then that amount of throttle will only provide enough current to do whatever it is that amount of current can cause the motor to do in that specific system.

Back