BBSHD GOT PROBLEMS

WALLEY

100 mW
IMG_20210628_151048.jpgHEY ALL been a while had my 1st ebike stolen 3 years ago

I have a couple of new ones now I got problems with both now Ill go over my oldest one now

Its a bafang bbshd Ive got almost 3000miles its been great I could 40+ miles an still battery left now I cant go 25 miles

the motor has a little problem now it didnt have back in may when I installed

its a 52v 40ah battery well it 2 20ah in parallel Ive separated them now an just ride till ones drained then just switch an continue on

like I said I only have 3000 miles on it should I be haveing problems like this

I should add I ride on pas 1 till I get to the end of my ride 2 or 3 miles to go then i turn the power up I go 30 mph ,thats what I enjoy the most, and the controller over heats an turns off now I wait about 15 min and turns back on it didnt used to do that

What batteries? What's their continuous discharge rating? Do they have balancing BMSes? And what is your charging regime? At what voltage do you store your battery?

If you know what the controller max current is for your specific BBSHD, also tell us what that is.

WOW I sure its all wrong but here goes nothin

I bought the cheapest batteries I could find on ebay I bought these for my 1st bike 3 years ago they were working great for my hub motor before it got stolen so I went to the same seller out of Hong Kong now I cant get ahold of them

I charge them using the same power chargers that came with the batteries 2amps I charge to 56v not sure what the continues discharge rate is

I useully charge the batteries up the night before I ride unless the batteries where drained to nothing on the days ride

there not balancing BMSes not wat heres the one I got
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KY9VB5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WALLEY said:
I charge them using the same power chargers that came with the batteries 2amps I charge to 56v not sure what the continues discharge rate is

If you have 16S lithium iron phosphate packs, the charging voltage is OK but the discharge rate might have beaten them up. If you have 13S lithium lion packs, the charging voltage might have rotted them out prematurely, 54.6V being the maximum charging voltage for those.

If you have 14V lithium ion packs, your charging voltage is conservative. In that case you may be facing a serious imbalance issue, especially if you run the packs down until they cut off more than once in a long while. "Ride till ones drained" would be a good technique to kick your packs way out of balance.

Back