Emax 110S no throttle

Kizzarina

1 µW
I just bought a 2010 Vmoto Emax 110S a month ago. Road it to and from work for 2 weeks and then it stopped going.
It powers up, but turn the throttle and there is nothing. The only other weird thing is that it appears that the break light is on even though they are not engaged.

I’ve checked the fuses and the voltages, no issues there. Unfortunately that’s the limit of my knowledge.

I’m hoping someone else with more knowledge/experience will have an idea of what might be causing it.

Kizzarina said:
The only other weird thing is that it appears that the break light is on even though they are not engaged.

That indicates whatever switch or wiring engages that light is "on", even if the levers are not pulled at all. Often, it's a bad switch, just stuck in the on position, or a lever whose spring return is not very good and didn't pull it all the way back "off".

Disconnect the brake lever switches from teh wiring harness, one at a time, and see which one makes the brake light turn off. Then test throttle; it'll probably work now. Replace that switch, and problem is likely solved.

Can also be pinched brake wires in harness, shorting them together (which usually turns the brake on).

If the lever switch doesn't directly engage the brake light, then it probably uses a relay, and the relay is probalby stuck on; you'd need to find that within your wiring harness (if it's not built into the controller).

Back