EBike wheel going backwards (please help)

So I just bought a kit, put everything together and the rear motor was going backwards, I then changed the 3 fat wires that are blue green yellow around and it was going forwards, however as soon as I sit on the bike, which is a 1500w 48v 20ah, it has absolutely no acceleration and barely gets going.

I have yet to mess around with the hall sensor wires as they're harder but I have done these variations of phase wires

GreenBlue
YellowGreen
BlueYellow
(This spins the wheel forwards but has 0 torque or acceleration)

YB
BG
GY
(Goes forward no acceleration)

YB
GY
BG
(goes forward no acceleration)

GG
YY
BB
(goes backwards)

YG
GY
BB
(wants to go backwards but just stops and growls)

Please somebody help me with fixing this!

When you are switching your big (phase) wires around, are you matching those changes with the sensor wires?

Regarding acceleration, until you get up into the higher VOLTAGE batteries and controllers, the 1500w direct drive motors are pretty gutless when compared to their gear driven hub and mid drive brethren.

So when I was switching the big phase wires around, i managed to get the wheel going forwards, however i didnt match those changes with the sensor hall wires.

I've had 750w rear motors before and the acceleration is 10x better than this 1500w rear motor which leads me to believe something is wrong, as i pull the throttle and there's just nothing coming from it, takes atleast 5 seconds to gain speed.

So to fix that I would assume the hall sensor wires are incorrect sequence right?

So I just need to match the hall sensor wires with the big phase wires that managed to get the wheel going forward?

pleasehelpme837 said:
So I just bought a kit, put everything together and the rear motor was going backwards, I then changed the 3 fat wires that are blue green yellow around and it was going forwards, however as soon as I sit on the bike, which is a 1500w 48v 20ah, it has absolutely no acceleration and barely gets going.

I have yet to mess around with the hall sensor wires as they're harder but I have done these variations of phase wires

GreenBlue
YellowGreen
BlueYellow
(This spins the wheel forwards but has 0 torque or acceleration)

YB
BG
GY
(Goes forward no acceleration)

YB
GY
BG
(goes forward no acceleration)

GG
YY
BB
(goes backwards)

YG
GY
BB
(wants to go backwards but just stops and growls)

Please somebody help me with fixing this!

Which kit did you buy? Whats the controller? Most “Kits” are already paired so it should only need to be wired up.

Many controllers are self learning, but if you got a very basic controller not paired with a motor they threw in the “Kit”, then you need to manually pair it.

For the hall wires, if your controller is not programmable and not self learning, you need to de-pin the male pins and stick the pins back in the other connectors female pins, color matching initially. If the motor was running perfectly backwards the ONLY way to make it run perfect forwards is to change the direction of both phase and hall by switching 2 of the 3 wires.

One both phase and hall are both going forward you might need to sync them by advancing either all 3 hall wires or all 3 phase wires 1 position.

Before you had it running perfectly with halls in reverse order and so bare minimum swap 2 hall wires and then you can eventually get it running forward smoothly just by swapping or advancing phase wires.

But first make sure your controller can’t do it automatically for you or with programming.

managed to get it working after about an hour doing all 36 combinations of hall and phase wires - i ended up having to change BB YY GG to YG BB GY and then changing the smaller 5 wires (black red green yellow blue) to BG GB YY and now everything is working perfect, acceleration is great and it's the best positive that I could find, found about 5 others but they were awful so false positives

Back