No-com error

Habin123

1 µW
Hello, I have a problem with my stromer st1, the bike rides normally for 7/8km, then the no-com error pops up and the bike is left without electricity. I checked the cables and it looked functional so I started to disassemble the engine, I'm at the stage as in the picture, tell me what I have to do to get inside, it's about this black mask.

Attachments

• received_3196138287317207.jpeg
    received_3196138287317207.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 230
The controller is potted as a "hockey puck"; the electronics inside are not intended to be accessible for repair.

If you want to take it out anyway, see this thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86600
for what things look like inside. I dont' have any info on how the system works, however, or what you might need to do for any repairs.

You could have an overheating issue causing either the controller itself to shutdown and cease communicating with the display, or just a cable with a wire fault inside it (anywhere between display PCB and controller PCB).

A wire fault is more likely. You could test the cables for continuity and connectivity if the failure is continuous; if it's intermittent it's much harder to find such a fault; you can only operate it and "wiggle" wires to see if you can either cause the fault, or to make it go away if it is already present.

To get the controller out, you have to take the other side of the rotor off, to get to these screws:
img_4595[1].jpg

this post has pics of the controller with some of the potting removed (but you can damage parts trying to get the potting off)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86600#p1463159

It looks just like the A2B Metro motor but with a different controller board.

A comm error would indicate a problem somewhere between the controller and the display. I would carefully trace the entire cable that goes to the display and look for possible damaged spots. Also unplug any connectors and inspect the pins.

If the problem is on the controller board, it will probably not be possible to repair. You could replace the controller board or just toss it and set up an external controller (lots of work).

A2B Metro:
motor 13.jpg

Back