Troubleshooting with temperature sensor and KT controler

stephmoc

10 µW
Hi,
i made a mistake when i bought a motor from shengyi. The motor came with a temperature sensor on the same whire with the speed sensor.
It makes many troubles. The speed is incorrect or fooly on the KT display.
I know that the signal from the température and speed sensor are multiplexed.
Now it's impossible to change my motor.
What i can do ?
Changing controler ?
Disconnecting the temperature sensor ?

If anyone have an idea ....

Thanks

This post
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=113854&start=50#p1690774
shows how it is multiplexed, signal-wise, and notes that Grin's Baserunner and Phaserunner have circuitry to demultiplex the signal, so it should be possible to do this for your controller as well if it is necessary; just have to figure out what circuit to use.

This one discusses the specific problem with KT controller:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=113854&start=50#p1691088

A comparator (op-amp circuit, can be built with LM741 chip pretty simply)
http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/LM741-op-amp-comparator.php
could alter that changing-amplitude speed signal back into one that doesnt' change amplitude, but instead just toggles back and forth from 0v to 5v, and would fix the problem of a controller having trouble reading the signal when the amplitude is lower than it's threshold.

Other circuits could also be used, and there might be even simpler ways I havent' thought of, but the comparator should work and is pretty simple.

If you prefer, you could open up the motor to disconnect the temperature sensor, but there is alway some risk of damage when opening things up, so I prefer not to do it if I don't have to, for anything I have to rely on. ;)

Thanks for your answer,
I think, i would prefer disconnect the termistor inside the motor, but i have to be sure where is it.

Except the baserunner, is it existing an another controler witch can manage this 2 signals on the same white wire ?

stephmoc said:
I think, i would prefer disconnect the termistor inside the motor, but i have to be sure where is it.
They're usually in the windings, but I wouldn't bother going that far. Just follow the wire to the speed sensor's signal output. Disconnect the wire that goes to somewhere else in the motor from there, leaving only the speed sensor's signal connected.

Except the baserunner, is it existing an another controler witch can manage this 2 signals on the same white wire ?
Unfortunately I don't know which ones do or don't. That thread I linked is the only one I ran across in a quick look around that discusses it this specifically, so if it doesn't have a recommendation, we'll have to wait for someone else to drop in to check.

Otherwise, designing and building the circuit described would let you use it as-is with "any" controller that would otherwise be compatible with separate signals.

BTW, an integrator op-amp circuit (I think) would probably demultiplex the temperature reading into the controller, for those that have one. (not sure of the exact circuit required).

It was so simple ....
I just remove the temperature sensor with a soldering iron ...
62be08d756897.jpg

62be08d756a99.jpg

Back