"Brake ERROR"

bpratl

10 mW
New problem, "Brake error" after one year.
TSDZ2, 860C, OSF V20, 52V, 750 W with 3 wire hall brake sensors. Even after unplugging both sensors I still get this error after 30 seconds on start up. I can enter the configuration menu, and everything looks OK and on exit the display appears but there is no Voltage reading but shows 100% charged. I measure 58.6 volts at the battery but with this error the bike is disabled. Should there be 5 Volts or ground on the Signal wire when not using the brakes? What is the best method of testing the Hall sensor? Should the controller function OK with the brake sensors unplugged?

In an attempt of troubleshooting the "Brake Error" after recharging, I decided to upgrade V20.1.3 to V20.1.4 and I am still getting the error with or without the hall sensor (3 Pin) cables connected. The upgrade was successful, so I assume the controller and display are functional. I also do not get a voltage display but, the SOC shows 100% and the measured voltage at the battery is 58.4 volts. Is there any foolproof tests one can make on the display and controller? All configuration reading are correct and after exiting the setup the display comes on and I can change assist numbers but, the screen is fixed on the first screen and won't change. I can display and change all MENU items but the system is locked. Is there a procedure for bench checking the controller?

OSF V20.1C.4, 860C Display, TSDZ2, 52V 750W Motor.
I would like to isolate a "Brake Error" problem between the controller and display that occurs with or without the brake cables plugged in. All cabling was tested OK as well as the hall sensors. The brake cables were substituted, and the error still occurs.

Update, I finally made time to replace the controller, add thermal pads to the motor, update OSF V20 to .4 and now everything is back to normal. The controller was the culprit, but I not sure if my shutting off the battery first caused the "Brake Error" failure or just a defective controller. There were no visual burnt components on the controller.

You might try taking apart the old controller and look at where the wires attach to the board (and everywhere else) to see if there is an obvious problem.

Back