G310 steel gear, where to buy?

goatman

10 MW
my son keeps stripping the gears, just replaced them a month ago and theyre chewed up once again.
im looking for 1 steel planetary gear to go with the the next set,
thought grin sold them but im not seeing them on their site.
anyone know where to buy them?

I don't know where to get steel gears, but I do suggest that if the system doesn't already do this, you set the throttle up to ramp up rather than suddenly apply torque, and also to verify it's not getting hot inside, as heat softens the plastic of the gears enough to make them easier to strip under lower torque.

If those aren't an option, you may have to end up using all three steel gears (or else the one may be taking all the load once the others soften and/or deform). That's assuming that sudden torque application and/or heat are the causes of the problem (they usually are; the sudden torque can also break clutches).

Reactions: AGS
Kids benefit a lot more from pushing pedals than from using old folks' mobility aids.

yes but its 2022 :D
if it gets them out of the house and into the fresh air that is a good thing
thanks AW, i can hook up the phaserunner that was on my trike to it and adjust it the torque ramp up rate :bigthumb:

Just posting a reply for any other fathers reading this. My son stripped the gears three times on the G310. The first was my fault having set the baserunner to supply too much power and it overheated going uphill. But then it happened again twice. I think it was from doing jumps the last two times without cutting off the throttle while in the air. when landing - the gears strip. I've not had a problem myself for 5 years but I'm rarely off the ground. More into street, XC, and occasional trail riding that is not too aggressive.

Back