VEVOR 2000W 48V DC Brushless Motor Kit

cozy

1 µW
I bought it from ebay for my project (jetski), after use it around 30 min, engine stop works (well hot), inside the controller four capacitors blows, after change them (3x 400uF, 1x 47uF) motor not moving.
How to check what's broken? How to check controller and motor?

One dirty ruff way to check motor phases is to remove the motors wiring from controller touch any 2 phases together and the motor should become harder to turn then add the 3rd phase to your group and the motor should be even harder to turn.

The hall sensors i tend to use an old 5v 500ma phone charger from before the usb days so its always on then power the halls one by one and use a mulitmeter on ground/signal and turn the motor by hand looking for the multimeter voltage reading to fluctuate as you turn the motor if not that hall is dead.

Ive run these motors hard 4.4kw and 15mins of mixed riding inclines downhill etc but always flatout 45mph + cooked it a treat afrer opening it the copper was dark and magnets weak so my guess is you have shorted the motor overworking it and the controller died as a result.

Ya agreed, seems like you fried the motor and it took the controller with it. How much gear reduction are you using for your application? Does the prop go in and out of the water, or is the load steady?

Thanks for replays, engine was burn, will sean pics when take out from the boat. I didn't use gears, was always on the top speed one, prop is load steady, so... no good. It's prototype so every errors will be go first quick (dead engine and controller) ;) Learn on mistakes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 12.04.35.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 12.04.35.png
    422.6 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 12.04.53.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 12.04.53.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 300
Id try a qs 138 motor in there myself much more robust put out the type of power your after. Best of luck with it

Back