Bafung Ultra 52v controller on 48v Motor?

rayebiker

10 mW
I have a Frey AM1000 with a Bafung Ultra 48v motor. it came with a 52v 17.5 ah battery. A battery died and the controller threw an error. Not sure they were related, and luckily I had purchased 2 batteries when I bought the bike. I purchased a replacement controller and, like an idiot, thought the controller would be a 52v. it is actually a 48v.

I installed the new 52v controller, and the bike works, but the power seems greatly reduced and throttle is quite weak. I emailed Frey, and they sold me a BESST device that had no effect on changing the programming to help.

Can i fix this with programming, or do i need to just write off the $200 52v controller and the $200 BESST box and start over with a 48v controller?

Thanks for any help yalls can throw at me.

I have / had both batteries when the controler died. The bad battery stopped charging. If you wiggle the charge cord, it will start to charge, but never get over 50%, so I suspect something inside fried? I have the second battery so figured it was a gonner and would just use the other.

The controller would get an error 10 and not run after under 5 minutes of use (new and old battery). Dr. Google said error 10 on Bafung = bad controller.

Thats where I ordered a replacement controller and ended up where I am now; purchased a 52v controller instead of the 48v one that was replaced. The battery is a 52v 17.5 ah battery (purchased from Frey for this bike/motor).

Frey sold me the BESST box and gave me a file / login to program. It says it has successfully uploaded, but the bike seems weaker and the throttle goes slowly then, at about 50% jumps. When riding full throttle is 1/4 of the power it was previoulsy.

Hopefully just settings...??? Thanks for any ideas...

Did you make sure to get the new controller programed for the motor? Here's a link discussing it https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/main-forum/trouble-shooting/146136-ultra-m620-inefficient-gets-hot-new-uart-controller

Back