Help identify mosfet

Tonymark

10 µW
I need help identifying a bad mosfet. I have a 25A kt sine wave controller. I have a short going from power+ to the yellow phase wire. There seems to be two types of mosfets inside. The one on the left is easily identified. I can’t seem to find anything on the right one(the bad one). Any ideas? Any recommended substitution that is easy to find?
8F1E18B9-6BE9-4AEB-A6C3-230535AFD23B.jpeg

Tonymark,

Most chip makers have a phone-in or email Tech Support. Contact the maker directly, or almost any producer of the type of electronics parts that you need. Tech Support should be able to identify your device, and they may have a direct replacement (by specs). Where the old Part Numbers are no longer made, they will know the new upgrade Part Numbers. I would strongly suggest that if you change any one, then change them all as a set, even when the Part Numbers are identical between new and old.
My US$ .02 worth . . .

You can use a part with better specs but it will be slightly more expensive. IRFB4110 will be close to the stock parts.
No idea why they used different parts for what I assume would be high side vs. low side. They are probably saving a few cents. You should be able to use the same parts for both. If you are substituting a different part number, it's best to replace all the FETs so they will be matched.

I scored a few hoverboards, and a treadmill motor motherboard, etc., and have been teaching myself how to desolder the mosfets for reuse in a few bad ebike controllers. I didnt know mosfets could be so different and most of the ones I collected didnt have a number visible. I feel someone here must be utilizing these parts from other random common devices and that is something valuable.

Back