phase wire order

EZgo

1 W
Amberwolf, This is a new post that refers to an old post back on March 2022. You where helping me with my 2014 10x6 9C rear drive direct drive that needed new halls. The wiring had gone bad & blew the halls. Everything you told me was spot on, unfortunately I solderd the halls on the wrong side of the board & needed a redo. Then spring hit so I put it aside for later & slapped on a new 6x10 9C DD I had & rode all summer.

Later has arrived & I'm back to work on it. I have now solderd another 3 halls from Grin onto a another new board (bought 6 w/halls from Alieexpress & delsoldered halls) & put things back together. I had also installed a new wireing harness with a Julet Z916 connector from ebikekit.com. (I'm a dealer so all the components I use are from them)

Well it dosen't work. The wheel runs rough at a very small throttle opening. (in the proper direction) At larger openings it speeds up as it should but stops in 1/2 a second. I am bench testing this with the same 72V bike that ran the 6x10 9C all summer. Using the same bike I also bench tested a 2014 10x6 front direct drive & a 2017 rear drive with a HiGo Z910 plug using an adpter cord just to rule out any weird wiring issue on my bike. They both ran fine. What else can go wrong with a 9C direct drive motor?

As I read the new board & compared it to the old board (with my eyes & my continuity tester) the wire colors are absolutly in the same order. I have tested the board, solder connections & wireing order may times & I cannot find anything wrong. I had also soldered the 3 new wires to the stator but I'm positive they are correct. Below are pictures from the old 9C before I took it apart last year as well as a picture of the new board next to my old board. I used this picture & my old board as my map for the wireing.

Reading your response to my orginal post I just saw that you had told me how to test the halls with a magnet. I suppose I could have recvied a bad hall from Grin so I'm off to do that now.

My orginal post is at: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115492

Attachments

• new.old.wheel2.JPG
    new.old.wheel2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 98
Back