Who makes a better cookie?

• Volcano brand with a flaming after taste

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Girl Scouts

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Oreos please

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
Of the three, Oreo is the clear winner in my view.

1st google hit:
http://www.nabiscoworld.com/oreo/

2nd google hit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oreo

OK, what I really meant was what's so special about an Oreo that it ranks up there with girl scouts? I was looking for a subjective description of its gustatory appeal since I'm unlikely to taste one myself. As far as I know they never made it across the Atlantic.

Ooops, spoke too soon – "they were originally made for the British market". Note to self: Always do your research before mouthing off about electric vehicle technology :oops:

Malcolm said:
OK, what I really meant was what's so special about an Oreo that it ranks up there with girl scouts?

An Oreo is a really efficent, light weight hub cookie with a tasty cream center. They go especialy good with milk, and even better at 48V.

1 Oreo Cookie, regular contain 55 calories (Kilocalories)
2.5 calories per watt (kilocalories)
So the Oreo Hub cookie is a modest 22 watts of power.

Yeah eff whatever, Oreos are really user-freindly and zero(0) maintenance, never need to adjust, oil or replace the chain - there is none! Just open the package and enjoy the contents. Milk is optional, but if you're like me you'll want to twist it apart and lick the cream filling and then eat the cookie part. You have to get a box of Oreos at least once in your life, kinda like with Vegemite, but not to worry: The taste is not "special". Oreos are good, the cream has the texture of shortening, tastes like sugar and maybe kinda vanilla-ish? Cookies part is chocolate, dry and crumbly. Hell if girl scouts sold Oreos, the world would be a better place. Current generic girl-scout cookies just don't cut it.

Malcolm said:
What's an Oreo?
When I was living in England (1990-1995 at Durham Univ - just down the road, Malcolm), I once brought over two big bags of Oreos. I had a party in the common room at Grey College where we all solemnly dipped our "O"s in milk.

Personally, I like Hobnobs more. Just bought another package from the "British" food store in town (they have a section with Ribena, Hobnobs and baked beans).

Having tried both, I think dark chocolate Hobnobs beat out Oreos when both are dipped in milk. Wish hobnobs were cheaper to buy here in the US, though. :)

Attachments

• B07.jpg
    B07.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5,179
A dark chocolate Hob-Nob-eating Durham old boy – impressive qualifications sir! Perhaps we should set up a multicultural exchange program(me): Oreos for Hob Nobs :D

Mathurin, you really had my tastebuds going there until you mentioned the vegemite. It has its uses, such as holding washers in place during tricky assembly jobs, but otherwise a waste of a very good name. As for calorific value I don't think you can beat Tunnock's caramel wafers:

Attachments

• 250px-Tunnocks_caramel.jpg
    250px-Tunnocks_caramel.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 5,156
Gosh Malcolm, seems like those would heat-up real fast.

A Chipwich would run much cooler.. and has hella calories-

corp_logo.jpg

I get BrainFreeze every time I think about 'em..

Nice one Stevil. That's high technology – a pre-cooled energy supply! We're getting into deep water here though. There are just too many variables for my feeble cranial capacity to handle. We need to clearly define the parameters and draw up a spreadsheet to enable a rigorous comparison of biscuit with biscuit.

I've found that Oreo's are "too good" and you eat them too fast. Now when that happens, if you eat like the whole package in like 2 days, The next day, when you shit, your shit will look just like the oreo cookie and you'll be wiping for days to wipe off all the cream. I shit you not. Eat the whole bag, you'll see what happens.

Here's what I do. I don't buy oreo's anymore. I buy the cheapies. They are good but the cream will turn your stomach.
I do this:

:shock:

Also GS Thin-Mints > all you can buy. I make better cookies, though. :wink:

D-Man won this thread, everyone can go home now.

Ok, all done. Cookies have been all eaten by me. Lets see now, thats 1lb-2oz without the cream in 1day 22hrs and 30 minutes. Won't be any cream to wipe up. :)

That's less Wh/mi (or Wh/km) for you!

Ha Ha. Actually I really do watch what I eat but I do down the cookies and ice cream in a viscious feeding frenzy every once in awhile. Then I burn it all. I try to stay away from anything that contains fat. Even milk. Fat content must read close to 0. Check the labels for fat! 28.3 grams of fat = 1oz . Eat lots of soup, lunchmeat, fruit, rice, bread, water. Ocasionally I'll eat boneless chicken or fish bought from the store. Have a banana for breakfast and a glass of water. Stay away from chips. Eat cheap bread toasted, then coated with brown sugar and cinnamin instead or honey/jelly. Eat carrots and broccolli. Too cold now to ride so I pedal in the gym, then I row, then I pedal on the hand/arm pedalling machine, then do a 200 foot climb on the treadmill, then repeat everything all over again. Use weights inbetween. Walk around with a slightly starved feeling. The pounds will fly off. Almost down to 150 lbs now. Don't think I want to go below that as it may not be healthy.

D-Man said:
I've found that Oreo's are "too good" and you eat them too fast. Now when that happens, if you eat like the whole package in like 2 days, The next day, when you shit, your shit will look just like the oreo cookie and you'll be wiping for days to wipe off all the cream. I shit you not. Eat the whole bag, you'll see what happens.

Here's what I do. I don't buy oreo's anymore. I buy the cheapies. They are good but the cream will turn your stomach.
I do this:

Wow.

I'm guessing your mom didn't tell you to not play with your food. :lol:

this is a freakin halarious poll lol :roll:

The question is simple: Does the Double Stuff oreo cookie really have double the cream. I have just completed an extensive investigation into what the differences are between the two. I have found the data quite fascinating. Here we go:

D-Man said:
The question is simple: Does the Double Stuff oreo cookie really have double the cream. I have just completed an extensive investigation into what the differences are between the two. I have found the data quite fascinating.

They make mint double stuf'd, right? Good stuff.

Back