Mod Request: can we be allowed more poll selection options?

xyster

10 MW
I tried to post a poll with 14 selection options but received an error message. I cut the options to eleven, but that was still too many.

I wanted to create a statistical distribution curve requiring consecutive integer ranges from 1 to 40 in groups of 2 or 3.

Any way to raise the limit to ... say... 20 selection options?

Attachments

• 34523Clipboard.jpg
    34523Clipboard.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,770
Do you have any idea how few people respond to polls here? This is a very small community; the only reason there's an appreciable level of activity is because the regulars post frequently. A 14-option poll isn't very statistically useful if 20 people respond to it.

I think the limit is 10. I'll see how easy it is to change, I think it's pretty easy.

CGameProgrammer said:
Do you have any idea how few people respond to polls here? This is a very small community; the only reason there's an appreciable level of activity is because the regulars post frequently. A 14-option poll isn't very statistically useful if 20 people respond to it.

You make a good point. Living here reminds me of college life except it doesn't smell as bad. The active, "ban Randy?" poll garnered 27 votes.

But there's another reason for increasing poll options that I think came up once before: non-distribution selections for comparing a wide range of things where a null response is also of interest. For example, "which is your favorite place to buy batteries?"
All-battery, batteryspace, ebikes.ca, electricrider.com, batteryho.com, etc, etc.....
If nobody chose "batteryho.com", we might wonder why and ask if batteryho.com has a lousy reputation for screwing customers, high prices, or is just a new store, or what...

I think I should register that domain, "batteryho.com"....:D

Back