Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19. Oil

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 20. Other

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

D-Man

100 kW

Must of been a beer can! Did it pop your tire?

Oops I edited the poll and it erased the votes. :shock: Feel free to vote again. I won't change it anymore. Got 20 options now and one missing.

Lessss said:
Metal is missing. Sure you won't change it? :)

The way the streets are here, I'd say the streets are the worst thing.

Ok, its on there. There was some hanging chads on the ballats. Any more voters?

Yah, had to say "other" also... ran over budget...
:wink:
tks
LloCk

Need to add Kangaroos Emus and rabbits IMO...hit all three plus a dog and a few cats...

KiM

p.s possibly Wombats too for the Eastern State Aussies :)

Sorry, can't change the poll anymore. The votes will dissappear! I've killed a few rabbits, squirrels, deer before. Had a license though. In season of course.

Other

Low flying haggis! :shock:

other: being a petrol powered RC car. (not my fault he kept putting it in front of the bike trying to make me swerve so i just went over it in (BMX when i was young)

I ran over a soda can once that I ASSuMEed was empty. I thought I would go all postal on it and crush it to death. Wrong :shock: It was full, of cement I think, as It did not budge. It launched the front wheel up into the air and then bronkoed the rear wheel. Luckily I did not go down, but THAT was one wild ride, Yeehaaaaaaa

I know this may be blasphemous (on here) because it is about small GAS :evil: scooters...

A few years back I participated in a 4 day 400 mile ride down the California coast on gas scooters with 4 other guys. One of the guys was pulling a Burley Nomad trailer on a home made swivel hitch. I was following close behind him as we were coning into Santa Barbra, and we were booking it because it was starting to sprinkle and almost dark. He hit a palm frond that was laying in the bike path and it launched his trailer 3 feet into the air and spun it a full 360 degrees :shock: Luckily it landed on its wheels with only minor damage to his home made light bar.

http://www.gopednation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254138&highlight=400+mile+ride

Other,

It was night and someone had taken one of those sawhorse like road werq signs and threw it in the middle of the road. It was in the darkest part of the road and my bike light was for me to be seen and not to see with. I hit it doing a bit over twenty with no warning at all. It was pretty exciting for a few seconds with a huge bump and then as I flew into the air, but as the 65lb bike did not stay airborne long and since I was still moving right along I just kept going. Good wide rim and 12ga spokes were impressive no damage at all. I made myself a nice bright LED light right after that. Ran off a nice high curb I did not know was there a week or two earlier. Lights are good at night. ;^)

Sheriff Jon said:
I ran over a soda can once that I ASSuMEed was empty. I thought I would go all postal on it and crush it to death. Wrong :shock: It was full, of cement I think, as It did not budge. It launched the front wheel up into the air and then bronkoed the rear wheel. Luckily I did not go down, but THAT was one wild ride, Yeehaaaaaaa
I have seen a small motorcycle (rebel-250-sized) hit such a full can, one of a bunch that looked like they had spilled out of somebody's groceries (along with other items). Same thing happened to him as you, except he wasn't so great at recovering from it and slid down the road after his rear tire came back down.

The can was launched a few dozen yards backwards, and exploded in foamy goodness when it hit the asphalt the second time as it bounced.

So it's equally possible that like him, the can you hit was simply an unopened soda, rather than opened and filled with something else. ;)

Interesting no one has hit a bird. Someone did awhile back. I forgot who it was. Something about coming around a corner fast when either a crow or vulture was sitting on road kill and couldn't lift off fast enough! :lol:

The other day I went to the grocery store to pick up some random stuff. Shampoo, toothpaste and hairspray etc, when my ex calls and tells me there's an emergency.

So anyway, I'm rushing over but it's quite late and dark, I see some quick movement and i felt a thud and just knew I hit something. I stopped the bike, turned around and noticed that i ran over a rabbit :(

It was lying there on the side of the road quivering in pain and i was like, i have to put it out of its misery.

So I'm trying to figure out what I can kill it with, but I had no heavy tools or weapon like things on me at the time. Looked in the bag of groceries and saw the hairspray. i think to myself...the hairspray has a lot of chemicals in it and might just do the trick. so i began dousing the rabbit with the spray. It gives a little cough so I think, hey this must be working, and empty the rest of the tin on it...

The next thing i know the rabbit jumps up and bounces away like nothing is wrong. im like wtf... so i'm standing there on the road in the middle of the night and looking at the bottle of hair spray. I hold it up to the bike light and on it is a label that says "Restores body and bounce to damaged hair".

That is both terrible and classic. I know a few people that would appreciate it, if you don't mind me reposting it elsewhere (with credit and a link). :)

Any more votes? I run over dead possums all the time. Not much left but the hides.

i live 100ft from an industrial area,and there is a shortcut going between two big steel plants.so one night i decide to go for a coffee and take the shortcut , almost had to drag my bike 1000ft back.what looked like small packing foam turned out to be sharp steel twisted nuggets that were a whiteish blue color,i tried pulling out a few but they were very sharp and kinda barbed.very bad experience.

I killed a crow with my knee a few months ago. He was eating from a fast-food sack in the middle of the road, I was riding towards him on my GSX-R. It looked at me, I guess it figured it had time to spare, because it pecked a few more times at the bag rather than just flying away immediately. I was wide-open-throttle, the bike gets up to tripple-digit speed in a hurry. The poor guy would have been fine if he had just stayed put (I wasn't aiming for him), but instead he just lifted off a second too late, and next thing I knew I had a sore knee with feathers stuck to it. Wouldn't think impact with a crow on your knee would feel like much, but it was a pretty good zing on my knee.

I guess that's not really a worst-thing to hit, but it was an uncommon thing to slay with knee.

Dang Luke, that's something ~ feathers et al!
Instantly reminded me of the time when I was a kid on Honda 50 having a great day blasting up a USFS dirt road when a wasp or bumblebee hit me straight between the open-shirt and promptly stung me in anger - causing me to wipe out right there head-first big time. Amazingly I walked away with just a sprained thumb and a nasty welt just below my neck. F@#$! probably survived and flew away. :evil:

Back