Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 35-40 km/h (21.7 mph - 25 mph)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • > 40 km/h (25 mph)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Mathurin

100 kW

I usually go wide open on the e-bike, with speeds greater than +50 KPH (+31 MPH) when I travel. No law enforcement has given me any trouble about it so far. It's illegal for me to go that fast, I won't deny it. I think because I make sure to obey the traffic and road signals and not try to show off and race the cars through downtown that I'm left alone. 8)

Well I am the slow poke on this poll. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My bike will go about 16+mph (28kph) but I only ride it around 13-14 mph (22kph) and sometimes even slower. I like the battery to last as long as I can make it while still getting where I need to go in a reasonable time.

Looks like I'm in the 25-30 category.
I do usually stop at redlights, can't really snake around cars either.

Maybe if I figure how to 48v the controller...

My bike can hit top speeds of 40 mph (and above) but I've done many rides and calculated my average speed as being usually between 20 - 25 mph. It's difficult in start and stop situations to hold really high average speeds. I suppose if you simply had a direct commute on a long road that you could get higher averages. Most of my riding is of the "sport" variety and requires a lot of accellerating and braking and the tighter and nastier the turns the better. So I'm not exactly trying for economy...

My max speed is 28mph with no assist. My usual speed on my commute - on a wide street with an excellent dedicated bicycle lane - with assist is 31-32mph.

We need more choices on the high end. :)

Back