SPEED AND POWER LEADERBOARD - WOOHOO!

Hehe! :p

I know this is juvenile but but it is so much fun!!! I've created 2 leaderboards. Top 10 riders only at the moment since there's only 2 of us completed the survey. Who has the most SPEED? Who has the most POWER?

TOP SPEED
oimg

TOP POWER
oimg

TOP BATTERY
oimg

To enter follow the link and input your data on the Power vs Speed Survey. Please try to provide some data on the 2nd page for further analysis in my other more serious thread here Power vs Speed Analysis. Once you've completed the survey be sure to return to this page to see where you are on the leaderboards.

Wow, only 29 posts but you are showing up all over E:S today.
Threads like this already exist, so you are making duplicates. :roll: Eventually, people just start making stuff up to be on top.
42mph/2kw won't get you into the top 100, possibly not even the top 1000. :oops: Just fill in 8 slots with Luke, throw in Dr Bass and John in CR in 2 of them, and the list is probably close to correct.

Yeah I know but this one IS a little different.. I don't expect to be on top for long at all. I'm hoping the big boys will jump in and put my bike to shame :D
As for just making up numbers, I don't think many will.

Bike: "Pink Death" (Now sold to a friend in Asia)

Power >40whp measured on the dyno, 440ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheel. 650amp controller on an Agni 95R.
Speed with the long gears in it (how I would normally use it around town) >85mph

[youtube]FJsMDsT8siU[/youtube]

Bike: "Bicycle of Doom" (Now taken apart to be re-born as a <11hp bike that can handle continuous power for road racing rather than just being able to burst a big number on the dyno but start melting down in 10 seconds.)

Power >23hp measured on the dyno (with the big BLDC golden motor + 400amp 116v controller on it)
Speed >90mph with lame gearing, 80mph gearing is what I normally run.

[youtube]KX-ki3pP8YU[/youtube]

I certain folks have gone faster on pedal-only bicycles though, drafting cars or extremely steep downhills. I think some guy did >140mph on a road bike drafting a vehicle on the salt flats if I'm not mistaken.

Just fill in 8 slots with Luke, throw in Dr Bass and John in CR in 2 of them,
i get no respect whatsoever....... :lol:
whats a guy gotta do?

Thud said:
whats a guy gotta do?

Sorry Thud :oops: and all the other super-helpful-wizard-genious' I didn't mention, I was just throwing out a few names rather than trying to build a real list. :oops:

-JD

Thud said:
whats a guy gotta do?

Sok Thud, I fixxed it for you ...seeing I had the raw data
:wink wink: I took the liberty of taking the survey fo you :lol: :mrgreen:

KiM

I entered Voltron's data. WTF is this Watts:Speed thing? :? Anyway, I think I'm at the top, briefly :lol:

LMAO!
I was going to call BS, But I see now Safe is in his proper place....LOng live the father!

Mylittlepony, I hope your not offended by the derailment.......but this really is too much fun to keep serious.
(there is no supporting evidence to the theroy that life is serious anyway)

mylittlepony i beleive is didling the books :shock: Safe definately isn't quicker than the Bully!!! :mrgreen:
Morphs 'Chundersky' and X5 definately ain't and Jack Richard, well Jack, that guy doesn't even have an e-bike he builds electric kit cars... Someone is playing funny games here... :: points finger at "Oaty" :: :mrgreen: :p :p :p

KiM

Hey hey the Big Boys have chipped in, excellent! This is working out pretty well!

LFP: So why don't you enter your data mate?
Jonescg: The Watts/Speed thing was to try and get some idea of how the power requirement increases with speed. Most people seem to know their power requirement for at least a couple of speeds. The data feeds this post.
Thud: Nah I'm not offended. I'm glad everyone is finding it amusing, it was meant to be. Please enter your 'real' data if that stuff AJ entered was false or inaccurate. If you wish I could just delete the other entry if it is wildly inaccurate.
AJ: Sweet, I was hoping you'd add data for the Hobo Cruiser.
Doctorbass: You must be happy with that result.

Unfortunately there is no validation of values entered on the survey, I'm not clever enough to implement it :oops: Please try to enter some performance info on the 2nd page, if you don't it actually breaks the calculation. Please don't add units (mph, Amps etc) when you enter figures as it is only expecting numerical data.

I will maintain this. I think the 1st thing to do is to extend the Top 10 to Top 20 now that more people are in. I should be able to get quite alot of info out of this such as efficiency analysis, have top ten hub motors, top ten rc motors, biggest battery pack etc.

EDIT: OK you jokers I've deleted the bogus entries. It took me a while to figure out which ones were for real :)

The TOP 10 POWER might have a bug in the calculation: I have two controllers programmed to deliver 2 hp to each wheel which is about 3kW combined. Maybe this is the power at 30 mph?

~KF

Hi KF, thanks for the data! I never accounted for 2WD :shock: You entered a current limit of 24A and 63v. I guess with 2WD you're pulling double that? I've increased your current limit to 48A, that gives you 3024W. Is that alright for you? Feel free to add your data again if you like and its no problem for me to delete the first entry if you wish. BTW I see you entered a battery size of 130Ah, shall I add a Top Ah leaderboard? You'd definitely be #1. Did you see your efficiency data? EDIT:Oops I just saw your post over there.

mylittlepony said:
Hi KF, thanks for the data! I never accounted for 2WD :shock: You entered a current limit of 24A and 63v. I guess with 2WD you're pulling double that? I've increased your current limit to 48A, that gives you 3024W. Is that alright for you? Feel free to add your data again if you like and its no problem for me to delete the first entry if you wish. BTW I see you entered a battery size of 130Ah, shall I add a Top Ah leaderboard? You'd definitely be #1. Did you see your efficiency data? EDIT:Oops I just saw your post over there.
You are absolutely right; my goof - I should have put 48A - that would have done it.

Another conundrum was how to name the bike: Technically it is P3 cos P1 wos a FWD but P2 failed as a pusher-trailer experiement and I had to pull the motor off and make P1 a 2WD. I dunno wot to call it now, although I can call me Happy with the result. :lol:

I enjoy the leaderboards and happy to be a tiny part of this enlarging sea of creative activity! Facts are fun: Top Ah leaderboard? Go for it! 8)
Cheers, KF

Back