NEW E-bike User Survey

Get the forum community involved in polls and surveys.
macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Ebike User Survey

Post by macarthur » Mar 07 2013 6:09pm

Are you an e-bike rider in the US? Do you enjoy sharing your e-bike experiences with others?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, researchers at Portland State University want to hear from you! Research is currently taking place at Portland State to better understand the role that e-bikes can play in a sustainable transportation system. If you have experience purchasing and/or riding e-bikes please consider taking an online survey and share your experiences. The online survey will ask questions about purchase and use of e-bikes to better understand the barriers to wider e-bike use. You have valuable information that can contribute to exciting research on e-bikes!

Please follow the link to the online survey: http://tinyurl.com/e-bike-survey.

Thanks,
John MacArthur
Portland State University

PS please pass on the link to the survey

Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow

Re: Ebike User Survey

Post by Kingfish » Mar 07 2013 6:59pm

You should post this in the "Polls & Surveys" section. Perhaps one of the admins can move it there for you...

hint hint, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

NEW E-bike User Survey

Post by macarthur » Mar 18 2013 4:34pm

Are you an e-bike rider in the US? Do you enjoy sharing your e-bike experiences with others?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, researchers at Portland State University want to hear from you! Research is currently taking place at Portland State to better understand the role that e-bikes can play in a sustainable transportation system. If you have experience purchasing and/or riding e-bikes please consider taking an online survey and share your experiences. The online survey will ask questions about purchase and use of e-bikes to better understand the barriers to wider e-bike use. You have valuable information that can contribute to exciting research on e-bikes!

Please follow the link to the online survey:
http://tinyurl.com/e-bike-survey

Thanks,
John MacArthur
Portland State University

PS please pass on the link to the survey

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Re: NEW E-bike User Survey

Post by macarthur » Mar 18 2013 4:35pm

I was worried that this NEW survey got buried in the forum. I want to thank everyone who has taken this survey and/or passed it on to others. We are still looking for more responses. So if you haven't taken the survey please take a couple minutes to fill it out. Feel free to post the link on blogs, twitter, facebook, etc.

Thanks,
John

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Re: Portland Statue University Survey on why you eBike

Post by macarthur » Mar 18 2013 4:41pm

Sorry about posting the survey here. I have moved it over to the Polls and Survey section "http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5".

I want to thank everyone who has taken this survey and/or passed it on to others. We are still looking for more responses. So if you haven't taken the survey please take a couple minutes to fill it out. Feel free to post the link on blogs, twitter, facebook, etc.

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Post by macarthur » Apr 09 2013 11:56am

We are going to close the survey in week or so. If you haven't taken the survey, you still have time.

Thank you for your help!

http://tinyurl.com/e-bike-survey

Ykick   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Ykick » Apr 09 2013 12:09pm

I really wanted to contribute but gave up. Paraphrase 1st question - "did you buy pre-built or DIY". Well, both. I started with a pre-built and moved to DIY. Why isn't there a survey option for "more than one"?

Where, how did I buy, when? I've built several, which one do you want to know about? Very alienating to people who have considerable experience with this industry. 'sorry, I'd rather be out riding than banging my head against the wall with these less than thoughtful questions.

Good luck with your project. Too bad it's not very comprehensive...
Talent must not be wasted.... Those who have talent must hug it, embrace it, nurture it and share it lest it be taken away from you as fast as it was loaned to you.

- Frank Sinatra

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Post by macarthur » Apr 15 2013 4:05pm

Thanks for the post. Sorry I didn't see it till now. I am sorry the question didn't meet your personal situation. I didn't think of people that have bought an e-bike and then rebuilt them. You are right we don't ask how many e-bikes someone has in the household. Good suggestion. I hope someone might just consider their primary e-bike. I hope you can take the survey under this framework.

John
Ykick wrote:I really wanted to contribute but gave up. Paraphrase 1st question - "did you buy pre-built or DIY". Well, both. I started with a pre-built and moved to DIY. Why isn't there a survey option for "more than one"?

Where, how did I buy, when? I've built several, which one do you want to know about? Very alienating to people who have considerable experience with this industry. 'sorry, I'd rather be out riding than banging my head against the wall with these less than thoughtful questions.

Good luck with your project. Too bad it's not very comprehensive...

Ykick   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Ykick » Apr 16 2013 8:05am

Thanks for your kind reply. It seemed different to me this go around? Maybe I was just in a better mood, lol...

So yes, got through it and some good questions there. Maybe drop off some results here when it's completed?

Good luck with your project!
Talent must not be wasted.... Those who have talent must hug it, embrace it, nurture it and share it lest it be taken away from you as fast as it was loaned to you.

- Frank Sinatra

Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow

Post by Kingfish » Apr 16 2013 11:51am

I think I completed this survey twice. :oops:
Though I enjoyed filling it out :)

Cheers, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

snellemin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by snellemin » Apr 16 2013 12:14pm

I just finished the survey.
Silent speed Racer

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Post by macarthur » Apr 16 2013 12:21pm

Thanks! We will be posting results on our website once we have completed the analysis. I will post a link in the future to the results.

Floont   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Floont » Apr 16 2013 12:23pm

Finished survey.

I wonder why they are doing the survey.

FA
Build 2: (present build): Rear x5304 on full suspension Mongoose, 127v 30s3p 10aH Turnigy Lipo, Lyen 24FET 100amp controller, CA2.2, 26" Hookworm front, 26" Crazy Bob rear, 203mm disc brakes, Airzound horn, twin Blaze 2 watt front lights - BURNED
All my posts on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Post by macarthur » Apr 23 2013 3:47pm

We are researchers at Portland State University and we are interested how are the people currently owning e-bikes and why they choose to buy an e-bikes. We are also interested in e-bike rider experiences. We hope this research will not only help people thinking about building and marketing e-bikes but to city planners and engineers to determine if there are unique issues related to e-bikes.

Thanks for participating!

Floont wrote:
Finished survey.

I wonder why they are doing the survey.

FA

macarthur   100 µW

100 µW

Post by macarthur » May 21 2013 2:06pm

We are going to close the survey on May 31. Thanks to everyone who has taken the survey and the great responses. If you haven't taken the survey, please do.

chroot   100 kW

100 kW

Post by chroot » May 21 2013 3:29pm

I completed survey answers the question.
Thank you Justin Lemire-Elmore - You are a HERO!

Tidalforce, Yuba Mundo V4 Cargo bike, Juiced Riders ODK V1 Cargo bike
English is my secondary language - ASL (American Sign Language) is my primary.

Ina Griffin   10 µW

10 µW

Post by Ina Griffin » Jun 24 2013 9:21pm

Where are the results of the survey?
Stealth Fighter #110