OPEN INVITATION:

Battboy

10 kW
Since we value YOUR input, we want to know what YOU would like to see this end up being as an accessory item for the RAPTOR ? Here are our thoughts: Must hold at least (2) bags of groceries.

1) Could be a wire-formed basket - least expensive not really great looking ?
2) Could be a mesh type pouch - not very easy to load and would blow around ?
3) Could be a "back-pack" that might be also used for hiking or camping ?
4) Could be a molded plastic open "bucket" type container ?
5) Could be a fancy molded plastic container like the Luggage Box that has a hinged locking lid ?
6) What do you see it as being ?

Attachments

• GROCERY MODULE.jpg
    GROCERY MODULE.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2,215
One vote for a cheap but sturdy wire meshy thingy for holding whatever, perhaps with a lockable lid to deter opportunists. Just make sure whatever its form, it's strong enough to carry 100 lbs of lead over rough road. After all, endless sphere is the cult of the endless electrical charge as well. I see it being a great bin for extra batteries. :wink:

I'll suggest a sturdy folding platform, with or without a low rail around the edge. Maybe a wire rack shelf like restaurants use. Strong, light, easy to clean; won't collect rainwater or spilled juicyjuice.

Let the user decide what to put on it: cooler, basket, luggage, toolbox, shrubs, roadkill, etc... just make it strong and have somewhere to attach bungees.

8)

Hi Tyler, Hey I like your suggestion. Kind of like a shelf and let the user make their own contrivance for whatever function they desire.

Thanks!

Don

A shelf seems like a good idea to me too. If I want something to put floppy grocery bag in, I can attach my own milk crate(s). I suppose it would be good if it was easy to attach a 'standard' milk crate.

A 100+ lb. capacity would be good too. Some kid will try sitting on it.

If Xyster puts enough battery weight on there, you might get it to do wheelies since the weight is cantilevered over the rear axle. I'm not sure what the box right behind the seat is, but that might be a better location for cargo.

i carry ALL my groceries on my mbike, and the rear is the worst location. a good place for tissues, light stuff.

i can put a heavy load in the center and not even feel it at speed

of course the rear is better than nothing, and as long as u go slow.....

wheelies could be fun, if the buyer wants them

Matt Gruber said:
i carry ALL my groceries on my mbike, and the rear is the worst location. a good place for tissues, light stuff.

i can put a heavy load in the center and not even feel it at speed

of course the rear is better than nothing, and as long as u go slow.....

wheelies could be fun, if the buyer wants them
Good point, but this is a three-wheel vehicle so I don't see much stability problems with it being on the back where the two wheels are as opposed to the single front wheel.

i didn't test it.

i'm thinking some over the front wheel, maybe split.

anyway, all ideas need road tests at max weight to see if any quirks show up.

I built a slide out rack that looked good on paper, but i don't look to use it.

Mat, it's a Delta trike weight at the back increases stability, weight at the front decreases stability.
With trikes the basic static stability can be determined by drawing a triangle with a corner at each wheel, the closer the weight is to the widest point the greater the stability.
This is also why most performance trikes are tadpoles, under brakes weight transfers forward so a tadpole becomes more stable and a delta becomes less stable, on a delta don't brake and turn in an emergency do one or the other.

Back