Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

100volts+

10 kW
Since we all use one. (This used to be a more important question because there was more of a difference between them)
PS I realize there are many others, but I think these are the main ones

I'm a Software (Internet Application) Developer Engineer and as such I have to provide support to all major and a few minor brands. That said, IE is my dominant browser, and I fall back to FF when I have problems with sites that fuq with IE.

I have nothing against anyone trying to put forth a browser; it's damned difficult work. Making a complex website complaint with all is a FT job. I've actually simplified mine - removing Flash/Silverlight so it is viewable on a smartphone.

OP, why do you ask - pray tell?
Curiously, KF

I use IE, I recently got "upgraded" to Chrome but reverted back to IE due to some sites not working on Chrome with add blockers turned on. I got the impression that Chrome had a conflict with the add blocker to stop people being able to use them. After all if we don't see the adds companies wont pay to advertise!

Way back in the day before youtube and such I learned how to use RD CMS's (Relational Database Content Management Systems) before they were mainstream. It was trickier to get them to function flawlessly on all browsers then. I moved on, but still curious about such things. Besides when a host see's you choaking their servers by moving more than a terabyte of data (a lot of data in the old days) a month, they will pull a tos violation on you and cancel your contract.

Kingfish said:
I'm a Software (Internet Application) Developer Engineer and as such I have to provide support to all major and a few minor brands. That said, IE is my dominant browser, and I fall back to FF when I have problems with sites that fuq with IE.

I have nothing against anyone trying to put forth a browser; it's damned difficult work. Making a complex website complaint with all is a FT job. I've actually simplified mine - removing Flash/Silverlight so it is viewable on a smartphone.

Curiously, KF
I'm in the same boat. I primarily use safari cause I do most of my private browsing on my iPhone and iPad. However I use IE9 primarily for work website...and have to run all browsers for support.

Funny...I'm a developer and did 6years post-secondary and haven't used a computer at home since 2006 when I got my first iPhone. Lolz

I've switched back and forth between FF and Chrome.

I enjoyed FF when it was superfast and smooth, but it has gotten slow lately. I loved all the extensions that you can add to it, but Google Maps runs really slow on FF and it is a necessity for work. (I think it was a purposeful play by Google somehow).

Chrome's ability to sync to the Android chrome browser is very convenient and I use it quite often.

At work I'm stuck on IE8. IT won't allow us to upgrade. I actualy prefer it to IE9, but it is a dinosaur, and doesn't work with some sites.
At home I use Chrome some. Its fast, and has no issues with any sites I go to.
I am also in the Beta testing group for Fire Fox. Its slower than Chrome, but I love the extensions.

Oh goody... I love a good race (doesn't EVerybuddy???). One nice thing about the "new kid on the block"? They cause the others to pull up their socks. Try harder. Add improvements.

It's "IT" that is pretty pathetic maybe. Perhaps they are afraid of the next "job hunt" competition. When I was still "in the running" (having to work as an "employee"), I used to go to interviews just for fun (the interviewers didn't realize they were the ones being interviewed).

I had pretty high standards... (Look at the shoes they were wearing. The cars in the co parking lot. A sailor would say "the cut of their jib".)

I used Firefox with ad block plus - blocks all ads including youtube ads.
I'd really recommend it if you get annoyed by ads.

Usually use Waterfox, 64-bit build of Firefox. Though on the tablet I use Chrome.

Back