Lowest voltage you've been shocked by?

It was an extremely hot day, I was sweating profusely, and the car starter battery gave me quite a hit at 13.6 volts.

Lowest voltage I was shocked by was 24VAC I had slightly damp hands. I've never been shocked by 12VDC yet I've always messed about with it with wet hands. From what I've heard some people have differant impedances than others. If you look on youtube there's a guy who cranks his mate up on the variac (autotransformer) and he manages about 70VAC untill he has to let go if I remember correctly.

As children my brothers and I would attempt all sorts of stunts, dares, various eat this competitions, etc.
One particular challenge was to lick a common 9v battery.

A shock to the hand is one thing. One to the tongue is well electrifying..
Shocked thinking back to my misguided youth.
Though, I think this is where I developed my addiction to electrical motivation.

I always lick 9v batts to check if they have charge in them :lol: and 3v CMOS batteries out of computers.

hah, I put the 9v on the tongue also.. First time I ever got hit with DC voltage was pulling out a 100pair live phone cable and re routing it thru a new pipe. After ripping the conductors off the 66/110 blocks in the old IT room I taped the crap out of the 200 conductors but still had some wires with copper exposed at the ends where they punch down. Long story short grabbed a big sweaty handful of the end of the wire to tug it thru and got railed! This felt worse than any line voltage I've been hit with, and I made the silly mistake of getting hit by a 277v emergency lighting circuit to the metal ceiling grid.

I forget what telephone systems used to use, its around 30-50vdc I think

its been a long time since I've been shocked now, I treat batteries like bombs now

I've always done the 9v on the tongue thing too.

Back in the day, I used to have a lot of fun taking the piezo modules out of BBQ lighters to shock ppl.

The best one I can remember was the first time I learned that RJ45's carry power...though I don't remember how bad a shock it was. I've taken a hit from the wall socket years and years ago when I was around 6-to-8 years old, but I don't remember much else.

When I was a kid, I was in the bathroom at a Racquetball club and was whipping a wet towel at the mirror. Under the mirror was outlets for plugging in your hairdryer etc.

It felt a weird sensation one of the times that the towel went below the mirror and figured out what was going on. I was 9 at the time, I did it like 6 more times to see what it felt like :roll:

Kids... :mrgreen:

110V AC

I love the phone line story! When I was building my house I cut the neighbors phone line with my backhoe doing some work out by the road. I was trying to be real careful to not hit the multi thousand volt underground power line and hit their phone wire. Thinking that "the phone company is going to make me pay big time to fix this..." and considering that my neighbor was away at work. I grabbed one of those epoxy impregnation underground splices for power lines and went to splicing the phone wire in that wet hole. I was twisting the wires back together with my bare hands when apparently they got a phone call and that 100 volt AC ring signal went on the line. That "ring" sure got my attention!

bigmoose said:
I love the phone line story! When I was building my house I cut the neighbors phone line with my backhoe doing some work out by the road. I was trying to be real careful to not hit the multi thousand volt underground power line and hit their phone wire. Thinking that "the phone company is going to make me pay big time to fix this..." and considering that my neighbor was away at work. I grabbed one of those epoxy impregnation underground splices for power lines and went to splicing the phone wire in that wet hole. I was twisting the wires back together with my bare hands when apparently they got a phone call and that 100 volt AC ring signal went on the line. That "ring" sure got my attention!
lol!
I had a Phone/cable guy come to my house the one day telling me a story about working on a neighborhood junction box. He went to his van for something and heard screams coming from the box...ran back and found 2 kids running away and one kid on his knees in a puddle of piss. Apparently the kid tried pissing into the open cable box and got some extra 'splash-back', fell to his knees and couldn't stop peeing.
That sure woulda been a hilarious sight...sucks to work on the junction box after that though

125 volts coming out of a lipo.

I didn't see angels since i'm an atheist, but it knocked me on my ass out of surprise and set my heart racing :lol:

Luckily my base instinct was NOT to continue to hold on!

I wonder if humidity affects conductivity to skin significantly.

When i was shocked by 125v, i was at 6,500ft in Colorado Springs, CO and humidity was probably somewhere between 10 and 20%, tops.

Back