What voltage do you run on your Ebike?

What Voltage Do you Run on your Ebike? You may make up to 3 votes if you have more then one bike.

• 36v - turttle .... turttle.. go grandpa!!

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • 48v - your crusin' on a sunny day

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • 72v - you've got your m licence, and your loving it

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • 100v - the simple vespa wasn't enough; you have moved on the street bikes

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • 136v - Your still on a street bike, but now your street racing

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 172v - Your fast enough to take it to the drag strip for a run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200v - You can almost keep up with a killacycle; you just need another 165v and your good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

steveo

100 kW
I'm just curious to know what voltage people are running on there bikes, if the exact voltage is not in the list please round to the nearest voltage :D

-steveo

Started out with a 36V kit till the controller died. Then since I had a 48V controller I upgraded and found it much better. Working on a 72V now just to make sure I am not late for werq. Expect the addiction will want more after that. Really hard to keep it under control. :wink:

No spot for 24 volts?

Doc and I run 100V
Who is the third?

In 2 weeks I will be bumping another 6S to put me at 126V

-methods

86-88v hot off the charger. But, let's call it 78-80v more realistically.

Between my two hubmotors, I'm experimenting with everything between 12v -> 84v except 60v (all nominal) which I can't do between my 3 packs.

All with Headway lifepo4 3.2v 10A cells.

methods said:
Doc and I run 100V
Who is the third?

In 2 weeks I will be bumping another 6S to put me at 126V

-methods

Me 3. Although with the terrible winter. I haven't been able to run anything at all. I missed the wind in your hair, bug in your teeth feelings.

methods said:
ZapPat said:
Steveo himself of course!

I thought he was the one running 136V

-methods

I can run 100v or 133v .. depending how much battery i wana carry!

I gave myself a click for 136 since I ran my bike at 126V.
(for 4:18 seconds. . . Then I proceeded to tear my motor apart... AGAIN)

-methods :mrgreen:

It's of no surprise "48 volts" has the commanding lead, it's the sweet spot of E-bikes.

Plenty of speed for urban riders, with minimal battery bulk/cost to deal with.

I might go up to 60 volts if i switch to Li-co batteries, but 48V is near perfect for a bicycle frame.

48v is the sweet spot I think, for those who don't want real motorcyle performance. Next ping will be 48v, but the 36v I run now is pretty ok too. Too fast for part of the ride already the way the walking ladies clog the bike path in the morning. One of my bikes is a 24v EV global. It's perfect for running dogs, sometimes slow is what you need, sometimes fast is what you need.

Back