• I like the new smilies

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I'm neutral, old or new are fine with me

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I liked the old smilies better

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I secretly made a mental note to myself to write all my posts in such a way as to avoid the egg-shaped heads.

its not just the shape, but the new ones are also in high-color or true-color for shading which may be what gives them their fuzzy look.
r u sur the pointy chin thing isn't a bug or glitch or something?
why are 4 of the originals not affected?

i do like that there are a couple more animated smilies in the new set.
i think you'll find that most people prefer their rut & as a general rule resist change from what their comfortable with.

Biljka_tuce.gif

I find this utterly hilarious, and I'm not sure why.

Electrocuted:
d1d0423803bab645dd361e8ea06b62ea.gif

Neutral.
I'm on dial-up so skip videos and browse with images and smilies off.
After first coming here it took a while for it to fizz the significance of "Mr. Green" I kept seeing at the end of posts.
I rarely use smilies. If a post can't stand on its own clarity then all the extraneous punctuation in the world isn't going to help.

Zoot Katz said:
If a post can't stand on its own clarity then all the extraneous punctuation in the world isn't going to help.

written word lacks the tonal infection & emphasis of speech.
then add in body language & facial expression which is primarily what a the smilie sprung from to express.

sure, with enuf text & a degree in english u *could* (example of emphasis here) eventually get the subtleties of ur meaning across.
OR 4 us semi functional literate u could use an emoticon 2get the point across much more quicklier better. =)
biglaugh.gif

ya know, pic worth k-words?

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
written word lacks the tonal infection

1450191815_ff04603252_m.jpg

You can see the mistakes that can be made with the written word.

I'm sure he meant to write toenail infLection. :D

And I can demonstrate that I am giving Ol' Toor a hard time, and mean no offence without typing a word, simply by adding a:

:mrgreen:

good catch. :D
guess i can't even claim semi literacy. :(
just wish i'd maid differant missteak so i don't have to look at that pic. (eew-yukk!)
it's a toss-up (literally) if that grosses me out more than this alien looking crustacean posted by voicecoils, both give me the shivers.

has the 'post your gifs' thread with the japanese cat-girls fallen off the edge of the sphere?
a dedicated thread like that would be a way people could add their own smilies for internal use without having to rely on an outside link disappearing down the road.

I use the long-topic for storing IMGs: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... 4&start=90

IIRC, The general-section self-prunes only when threads become inactive, so you may need to bump the thread once a year or so.

file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php

just wish i'd maid differant missteak so i don't have to look at that pic. (eew-yukk!)

That one was deliberate, wasn't it? I'll oblige anyway:

deluxelk3.jpg

And that lobster thing is one of the most badass things I've seen lately.

has the 'post your gifs' thread with the japanese cat-girls fallen off the edge of the sphere?

Seems it has. :(

Which is odd, really. How do you fall off something that has no bounds to fall off of?

TylerDurden said:
Pshaw, I shit those out every time I eat at the chinese buffet.

Protip: Teeth aren't entirely vestigial.

Well, poll time is up. A lot seem to like the old smiles better, and a large part don't care either way. So I'll restore the smiles from an older forum version here soon enough. Hopefully the graphics are not scaled in so they will all fit nice and not stretch in weird ways. :mrgreen:

The old smilies have been restored. :shock:

And as feared, I think they are now stretched because the new smiles were slightly bigger.

They are a bit, but it isn't noticeable unless you're paying close attention. :D

Back