How would be your Ideal BMS?

Hi!

Battery Management Systems (BMS) have been used for a while and I’m sure that there are quite a few good options in the market, but do they meet our needs?

Trying to understand the real needs from the community, i’m here today to investigate about what clearly isn’t a simple question:

• How would be your Ideal BMS?

I’m an electronic engineer student and to first start it, I am doing a easy and fast survey about what features would have an Ideal BMS.

To bring some benefit to this awesome community, the results will be openly posted here (in about 3 weeks), while all personal data will be deleted just before.

LINK TO SURVEY: https://goo.gl/forms/WyZxMPgQQqLP9Gy83

Cheers!! :D

Not going to give you an email, but here's my answer:

1) Zero quiescent draw from cells. All power comes from a separate feed (that can be disconnected for storage.)
2) Charge transfer for balancing, ideally with a flying capacitor.
3) Cell by cell overvoltage and undervoltage, pack-wide overcurrent (both directions)
4) Either internal or external disconnect. For external, support both standard and latching relays.
5) Options for separate charge and discharge path disconnect, or single disconnect.
6) CAN bus interface for monitoring. (Other hardwired interfaces - UART, RS422 - also OK.)
7) EEPROM with checksum to store limit parameters.

Back