$ paid for experienced VESC user to help write code.

paul AUD

1 µW
Hello.

My name is Paul and i am part of a company that produces and sells a small electric propulsion system ( < 2kw ) that uses VESC ESC’s.

We have a need for an experienced VESC user who would be capable of writing us some simple code using the developer function OR building us some profiles that achieve what we need. We will be paying for the services and help if they can provide the desired outcome. This will be a proper commercial transaction and we will need confidentiality. ( its not top a secret project but we want the work done for us to remain our IP )

Basically we want to use conventional VESC esc with the standard VESC phone app to allow future customers to simply upload pre made profiles via the phone app that will automatically config their ERSC to the correct settings. The assumption is the user will have NO experience with VESC settings nor should they be able to change them. We want to achieve a basic , upload profile , press accept and off they go.

The good news is everything we want to do on a basic level I'm pretty sure can already be done with the VESC App but this is uncontrolled , unlocked and way too easy for a customer to cause issues.

Our systems comes pre programmed for everything to RUN from the factory BUT we would like the user to be able to change a few basic things.

Basic needs at a glance to see if this is something you can help with.

1. Create predefined profiles that allow the user to change

Voltage range / cut off voltages ( so they can use different battery 8 or 10 s for example )
MAX motor wattage allowed

2. If possible write a code that allows a user to access a boost function. E.g full throttle gives you 130% of the max wattage / power for 10 seconds then tapers down to a sustained 100% max wattage

3. Find a way to lock the VESC app so that nothing can be changed and give the user ONLY the ability to flash these predefined profiles to the device. ( this one i'm not sure how easy it will be ? )

If anyone thinks they can realistically do this or provide proof of capability i would love to have a chat as this is something we intend to do.

Kind regards Paul i live in Australia happy to have a ph ( 0439 891 55o ) call OR connect via email.

Hello.

My name is Paul and i am part of a company that produces and sells a small electric propulsion system ( < 2kw ) that uses VESC ESC’s.

We have a need for an experienced VESC user who would be capable of writing us some simple code using the developer function OR building us some profiles that achieve what we need. We will be paying for the services and help if they can provide the desired outcome. This will be a proper commercial transaction and we will need confidentiality. ( its not top a secret project but we want the work done for us to remain our IP )

Basically we want to use conventional VESC esc with the standard VESC phone app to allow future customers to simply upload pre made profiles via the phone app that will automatically config their ERSC to the correct settings. The assumption is the user will have NO experience with VESC settings nor should they be able to change them. We want to achieve a basic , upload profile , press accept and off they go.

The good news is everything we want to do on a basic level I'm pretty sure can already be done with the VESC App but this is uncontrolled , unlocked and way too easy for a customer to cause issues.

Our systems comes pre programmed for everything to RUN from the factory BUT we would like the user to be able to change a few basic things.

Basic needs at a glance to see if this is something you can help with.

1. Create predefined profiles that allow the user to change

Voltage range / cut off voltages ( so they can use different battery 8 or 10 s for example )
MAX motor wattage allowed

2. If possible write a code that allows a user to access a boost function. E.g full throttle gives you 130% of the max wattage / power for 10 seconds then tapers down to a sustained 100% max wattage

3. Find a way to lock the VESC app so that nothing can be changed and give the user ONLY the ability to flash these predefined profiles to the device. ( this one i'm not sure how easy it will be ? )

If anyone thinks they can realistically do this or provide proof of capability i would love to have a chat as this is something we intend to do.

Kind regards Paul i live in Australia happy to have a ph ( 0439 891 55o ) call OR connect via email.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Hi, I played with VESC system before and they can be bit of issue doing what your wanting easily.
Im sure is possible with enough time if your dead set on using this system. can you tell me bit more info on what your building with it as I think there might be better options of controller system if able to use on your application

Also what state are you located ?

Thanks

Brad

Back